2056.4 Twin Cities Losses 5

GM: Alan Ehlers

Moderator: ae37jr

ae37jr
BBA GM

2056.4 Twin Cities Losses 5

Post by ae37jr » Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:31 pm

Twin Cities Losses 5 Image Rule 5 draft empties 5 lockers

The annual Rule 5 draft has concluded, resulting in the Twin Cities River Monsters losing five players and gaining one potential addition. Here's a quick overview of the players involved:

Su'ud Adnan:
Twin Cities acquired Su'ud Adnan for a mere $15 last season due to his strong contact and eye ratings. However, the oversight of not having a baseball mitt for Adnan led to his omission from the protected roster before the draft. History suggests that Adnan may be back with the team by opening day, although other teams may show interest in keeping him as a league minimum player.

Han-i Kim:
Han-i Kim is expected to be converted into a relief pitcher by the Calgary Pioneers. The River Monsters had considered a similar plan in the past due to his versatility, but their bullpen's strong performance limited his opportunities as a spot pitcher.

Ryan Bolton:
Once a top prospect, Ryan Bolton's career trajectory was impacted by a significant arm injury last season. While the River Monsters considered protecting him, his struggles post-injury and low movement attributes may pose challenges for his future. Yellow Springs has a window to evaluate his progress and potential return to form.

Tse-peng Fu:
Tse-peng Fu, a relatively unknown player, was acquired for $131k and is a 20-year-old with potential. He has range but lacks defensive skills, and his batting abilities are still developing. The decision on whether to bring him back may not be a significant concern.

Ivan Gulledge:
Ivan Gulledge was taken by the Flyers. Despite his questionable contact rating, his power, eye, and plus defense make him a valuable asset. Losing Gulledge is not a major setback, as the hope is that he will have an opportunity to play with his new team.

Alonso Martínez:
Twin Cities selected Alonso Martínez, possibly in a rushed decision, during the draft. His potential return to the team or auctioning off as a "B" prospect is under consideration, given the demand for young prospects in the market.

Overall, the Rule 5 draft results indicate a mix of gains and losses for the Twin Cities River Monsters, with the team's decisions influenced by player profiles, potential, and fit within their roster strategy.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

BaseClogger
BBA GM

Re: 2056.4 Twin Cities Losses 5

Post by BaseClogger » Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:34 am

Martinez hasn’t been able to hit much yet and he’s turned 24. I’m not expecting him to put it all together at this point.

Looks like his OF range lumped a point too. Ugh.
San Fernando Bears GM since 2051

Trebro
BBA GM

Re: 2056.4 Twin Cities Losses 5

Post by Trebro » Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:14 am

I really wanted Bolton to work out but he just had no ability to get anyone out at the BBA level. I gave him every chance I could, but even a sorry state team like mine can't abide an ERA in the unlucky 7s.
Rob McMonigal
Yellow Springs Nine Sep 2052 - ????

London Monarchs Aug 2052 - Sep 2052

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Twin Cities River Monsters”