Charm City 2059.2 - Jimmies Finalize Big League Coaching Staff

GM: David Burcicki

Moderator: DaveB

DaveB
GB: JL Atlantic Division Director

Charm City 2059.2 - Jimmies Finalize Big League Coaching Staff

Post by DaveB » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:37 pm

"If You Can't Beat Them Join Them":

Freddie Mercury once belted out the lyrics "If You Can't Beat Them Join Them" off the 1978 Queen album Jazz. That apparently stands quite true in baseball as well. The Charm City Jimmies at their November 12th press conference announced the singing of Yao-qing Yuan as the new manager of the Charm City Jimmies taking over managerial duties for the recently retired Pedro Medina. Yuan spent the past 5 seasons as the bench coach for the Nashville Bluebirds. "I unfortunately saw the talent and drive the guys in the club house had first had during the Monty Brewster Series last year. I'm excited for the opportunity to lead these men into battle in 2059 and beyond" said Yuan. Yuan got his first taste of a managerial role with the AAA Surprise Talons where he was the coach from 2050-2052. He went 234-198 with the Talons. He later took a job as the third base coach with the Rocky Mountain Oysters in 2053 before landing the bench coaching job with Nashville.

Promoted:

Also announced was that Bartolo García was promoted to the bench coaching role in the majors after spending his entire coaching career as the manager for the Assateague Ponies in Rookie ball for us. Assistant GM Chris Bennett had this to say during the press conference "We've worked closely with Bartolo since he stepped into the coaching ranks in 2051. We're comfortable with him and we know what he brings to the table. He's an exceptionable human and is able to teach and communicate well with the young men he's coached." García added "I was shocked that they came to me once about the position once the season ended. I'm genuinely excited to able to join the major league staff. It'll be great to be able to reconnect with some of the players I've coached in Assateague at the big league level again, but the main goal is getting this team back to the Monty Brewster Championship."

We Have A Trade:

Also announced at the press conference was a trade between the Jimmies and the Yellow Springs Nine. The Nine received OF: Ulvi Basgil and minor league OF: Alberto Borman in exchange for PBill Beals. "This was a trade to free up some cash, cap space, and to add a pitcher that we liked. We're forever in debt for the two seasons Basgil provided for us, but we wanted to add some financial flexibility. In Beals we have a young man who had some good success in A ball for the Nine. He's a ground ball pitcher with some upside. I'm excited about the addition" said Bennett.
Charm City Jimmies GM (2051-Present)

2046-47 UMEBA Champ for Mumbai Metro Stars
2050 UMEBA Champ for Jerusalem Hebrew Hammers
2054, 2055, 2058 Monty Brewster Champion with Charm City Jimmies

Return to “Charm City Jimmies”