Charm City 2058.9 - Jimmies Stun Bluebirds

GM: David Burcicki

Moderator: DaveB

DaveB
GB: JL Atlantic Division Director

Charm City 2058.9 - Jimmies Stun Bluebirds

Post by DaveB » Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:21 pm

Scenes from the Charm City clubhouse ->Image

In a shocking twist of fate the Charm City Jimmies won the Monty Brewster Memorial Series defeating the heavily favored 119 win Nashville Bluebirds
in 6 games. "What a freaking series, what a freaking team!" said Dave Ackerman after having himself a monster series. The championship is the 3rd for the Jimmies history and 3rd in the last 5 years.

3 Man Rotation:

I decided to go with the 3-man rotation at 7 pm eastern time this evening so about 2 hours before the sim. I listened to Chad's podcast yesterday while working and he made a comment that our starting rotation didn't scare him much, but our bullpen was the strength of the pitching staff after Héctor Silva. After deciding to go with the 3-man rotation the only thing I had in my mind was Dan Fouts saying "It's the last game of the year Brent, can't hold anything back". I thought you know it's the last sim of the season and we can't hold anything back either.

I looked at his team and noticed during the regular season his team had a .666 winning percentage vs LHP, which was a bit lower than it was vs RHP (.753). So with my original export Friday evening I knew as well as probably everyone in BBA land that we were going with an all LHP rotation as that is what I ran through the previous two rounds. After looking further into the stats and thinking about it while doing some grocery shopping, I looked at his seasonal stats once more and noticed the Bluebirds hit a lot of home runs as their 271 homers led the Frick League and was the most in the BBA.

So my thought process was "I have 2 left handed starting pitchers who have good to great movement. I have Silva. Let's make Nashville win the series by moving runners up and keeping the ball in the park for our defense while letting our mostly RHP bullpen finish the game off. I thought having Alex Payne in the rotation would jeopardize our chances of keeping the ball in the park and that's why I went with Katsuyuki Heida and Allen Davidson. Both guys are ground ball pitchers so I took at page our of Montreal's gameplan and attacked with them. I had a feeling our offense would be able to score some runs because we've done well vs LHP as a team this year offensively. The boys in the club house just had a bend, but don't break attitude the entire series. Proud of those guys" said manager Pedro Medina.

Thoughts:

Wow. Just wow. I can't believe we won the championship. @Dington had a brilliant freaking season and I think if @recte44 sims the series 10 more times Nashville probably would've won 8 of those sims (hey give my guys some credit). You don't win 119 games and not have an excellent team. Great season @Dington! At the trade deadline I wasn't sure what I had with my team. We were in second place in our division most of the year, I sold some players off at the trade deadline for prospects. I thought to myself I hope we get enough playoff games to max out our home field revenue in the Double Day round (we didn't). Thought the same vs Calgary (we did). I said in Discord when I saw the matchup I was just hopeful to get my 3 home games in the series. After seeing what Nashville did to Sacramento I knew that I didn't want game 7 because the chances are they were winning it even if Silva was out there. When we went up 3-2 in the series and he had Kelly on the bump I had a good feeling that we could win game 6 because Billy Kelly has had issues with the long ball in the first game we played against him. We just needed to keep it close and bend but not break. I woke Mrs. Charm City up from her sleep when Manuel Barrera recorded the final out. I let out a Ric Flair Woo she said "What the hell are you doing?" I responded "My team just won the championship!" she rolled her eyes at me started watching some tv.
Charm City Jimmies GM (2051-Present)

2046-47 UMEBA Champ for Mumbai Metro Stars
2050 UMEBA Champ for Jerusalem Hebrew Hammers
2054, 2055, 2058 Monty Brewster Champion with Charm City Jimmies

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: Charm City 2058.9 - Jimmies Stun Bluebirds

Post by Dington » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:19 pm

I was afraid of that righty-heavy lineup. Really wish Clayton wasn’t hurt, but I probably overthunk it. Clayton was ready by Game 3 I think. Manager had some interesting decisions, but it was a great series. Good job.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Krathan
BBA GM

Post by Krathan » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:42 am

You took a risk and it paid off. Congratulations.

I almost woke my daughter up when she was a baby when Jimmy Graham dropped a pass in the end zone to send my 1st ever fantasy football team to the championship game. I love that part of your story.
Krathan (Nathan)
Cairo Pharaos GM 2055 (2055 GBC Champion)
Charlotte Cougars/Flyers GM Sept. 2055-??? (2058 JL Wildcard)

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Post by CTBrewCrew » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:41 am

Haha - it was a great series.

DaveB
GB: JL Atlantic Division Director

Post by DaveB » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:01 pm

Just realized we didn’t win either of the games Silva pitched 😳
Charm City Jimmies GM (2051-Present)

2046-47 UMEBA Champ for Mumbai Metro Stars