Charm City - 2058.5

GM: David Burcicki

Moderator: DaveB

DaveB
GB: JL Atlantic Division Director

Charm City - 2058.5

Post by DaveB » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:12 am

New Team Record for Career Saves:

Manuel Barrera was able to break the team record for most saves as a member of the Jimmies when he notched his 258th save with our team on June 8th vs the Rocky Mountain Oysters. Barrera's career save number is currently at 354 which has him presently at 35th in career saves in BBA history. Congratulations to Barrera!

Injuries Inbound:

Injuries are part of the game. Sometimes they come at the worst times, other times they actually can be a good thing. You might be reading this and thinking "Good Thing?" Yes, a good thing. The reason for that is because when they occur it gives you the chance to try a player or players you might not have trusted to play and get to see what they can do. Such is the case of Kevin Maze. As you may have read in my previous Team News, Maze came up due to the injury to Dave Ackerman. He's performed quite well hitting .250/.352/.433/.785 with 7HR and 23 RBI along with a solid 111 OPS+ in 193 PA's since being called upon. Maze is going to be making my decisions difficult in the coming sims and seasons because I had a feeling he'd be able to produce offensively, but defensively he's still a bit suspect -0.7 ZR. It'll be interesting to see where he falls in the future.

Another player who has been able to get an extended look due to the Ackerman injury has been 2B: António Martínez. Martínez was performing at a solid level before his recent 2-38 slump in June which really tanked his numbers to a -0.4 WAR. Prior to June he had a 0.4 WAR in about a hundred at bats. He needs to adjust to the adjustments the pitchers of the league have made to him.

Wheelin' and Dealin':

The Jimmies announced a block buster trade with Boise (well not really a block buster). Boise is set to acquire minor league LF: Rafael 'Garbage' Negrón while Charm City received SP: Katsuyuki Heida. This was a trade that we decided to go with because of the recent injury to Allen Davidson. In Heida we receive a pitcher who appears to be a Dollar General, not to be confused with a Dollar Tree, version of Allen Davidson. He's a ground ball pitcher who is left handed. I'm hopeful Heida will provide some solid innings. The trade from my perspective is a low cost potential upside acquisition. If Heida performs well we'll retain his services for a while as he only has 98 days on the active roster.

Welcome to the Show:

Charm City recently announced the promotion of José Flores from AAA Anapolis. Flores was our first round draft choice in last years draft and has flown through the system. He started the year in with a 5-2 record and a 3.31 ERA in 65.1 innings of work with the Sailors.

Fun Fact: When Flores takes the mound against the Edmonton Jackrabbits on June 28th he will be the first of the first-round draft choices that I have made to play in a game for the Jimmies.
Charm City Jimmies GM (2051-Present)

2046-47 UMEBA Champ for Mumbai Metro Stars
2050 UMEBA Champ for Jerusalem Hebrew Hammers
2054, 2055, 2058 Monty Brewster Champion with Charm City Jimmies

BaseClogger
BBA GM

Re: Charm City - 2058.5

Post by BaseClogger » Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:35 pm

Looks like Jose Villa is off to a good start since his call up.
San Fernando Bears GM since 2051

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Charm City Jimmies”