Charm City 2058.3 - Spring Training Battles

GM: David Burcicki

Moderator: DaveB

DaveB
GB: JL Atlantic Division Director

Charm City 2058.3 - Spring Training Battles

Post by DaveB » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:02 pm

Coming off a disappointing end to the 2057 season changes were made to the roster. While I don't believe they were all for the good for the 2058 season I do believe the changes made will be able to help our team in the near future and beyond.

Starting Pitching:

I think this is going to be an interesting unit to keep an eye on for this year. We lost Carl Vincent, who was traded to Charlotte and Mauro Mendoza (who was released) from the 2057 pitching staff. Replacing those two are going to be Ty Vannatta and Alex Payne. Vannatta has been with our organization and trying to land a steady job in the rotation for a few season. Payne spent last year in Las Vegas. We're hoping they will be able to provide steady innings for the upcoming year. I'm also expecting to see Qing-lai Ou-yang potentially log some innings in the rotation this year in case of an injury.

Shortstop

With the trade of SS: Sammy 'Bumper' McNeill our shortstop role opened up. SS: Jose Villa who was acquired in the McNeill deal will be batting SS: Asil 'Cherry' Çölasan for the role of starting shortstop in the coming season. I'm expecting Çölasan to win the job, but Villa will add some solid depth in case of injury.

There might also be a few battles for back end of the roster, but these will be the positions that I think are going to be biggest concerns going into the new season.
Charm City Jimmies GM (2051-Present)

2046-47 UMEBA Champ for Mumbai Metro Stars
2050 UMEBA Champ for Jerusalem Hebrew Hammers
2054, 2055, 2058 Monty Brewster Champion with Charm City Jimmies

Return to “Charm City Jimmies”