Charm City 2057.6 - The Deadline and Roster Expansion

GM: David Burcicki

Moderator: DaveB

DaveB
GB: JL Atlantic Division Director

Charm City 2057.6 - The Deadline and Roster Expansion

Post by DaveB » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:59 am

Hello Charm City fans! It's time for another addition of our team news.

Trade Deadline:

We were quiet at the trade deadline. I'm pretty happy with where the team is at presently so I didn't go out of the way trying to acquire a big name. I did a lot of my shopping earlier in the season. I acquired Ted 'Long Ball' Benson in a deal with Phoenix. Benson has been worth 1 WAR since being acquired in part time work. I also acquired Mauro Mendoza. One of the other moves was a depth move signing veteran shortstop Ewan Allman to a contract when he was injured. Allman was signed due to some injury issues I had last year with Dave Ackerman and Sammy 'Bumper' McNeill. Sure enough McNeill went down with a season ending injury. With that injury Asil Çölasan is being pushed into the starting role and Allman takes over the role as backup middle infielder.

Roster Expansion:

Now that we've passed the September mark it's time for roster expansion. The Jimmies announced P: Blaine Worthington III, P: John Mellon, 3B: Kevin Maze, 3B: Mesrak Youssef, UTIL: Danny Castillo, OF: Juan Rangel, and Geoffrey 'Flash' Dodson were all promoted from the minors for the stretch run. For Maze, Youssef, Mellon, and Rangel it makes the first taste of big league action for those 4 players. I'm not expecting Maze, Youssef, and Rangel to get extended playing time, but they were promoted to add some depth to the lineup for September. Mellon was promoted and will be used as a LOOGY during the month. Worthington III is being put in middle relief so he'll get some action. Dodson is going to be inserted back into the starting lineup vs RHP with DH as the DH. I wanted an extra roster spot earlier this year so he was unfortunately demoted with Émile Ollier putting up solid numbers as the DH. Ollier cooled vs RHP so Dodson will be stepping in and leading off.
Charm City Jimmies GM (2051-Present)

2046-47 UMEBA Champ for Mumbai Metro Stars
2050 UMEBA Champ for Jerusalem Hebrew Hammers
2054, 2055, 2058 Monty Brewster Champion with Charm City Jimmies

BaseClogger
BBA GM

Re: Charm City 2057.6 - The Deadline and Roster Expansion

Post by BaseClogger » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:15 pm

That's a lot of guys getting a taste of a September playoff push.
San Fernando Bears GM since 2051

ae37jr
BBA GM

Re: Charm City 2057.6 - The Deadline and Roster Expansion

Post by ae37jr » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:20 pm

Ootp made a funnie....Flash has 1 running speed.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Charm City Jimmies”