Charm City 2055.7 - Back to Back/Broken Record/Future

GM: David Burcicki

Moderator: DaveB

DaveB
GB: JL Atlantic Division Director

Charm City 2055.7 - Back to Back/Broken Record/Future

Post by DaveB » Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:15 pm

Wow what a freaking season that was. I was hoping to get a 7th team news written earlier, but I wanted to see how the post season unfolded and it didn't disappoint.

Back to Back:

For the first time since the 2047-49 3peat with the Las Vegas Gamblers your Charm City Jimmies just went back to back with the second championship in team history. We won our first championship last year in which each series went 7 games. This year our first series versus Jacksonville went 7 games and I sat there thinking 'Oh boy these guys like taking it to the limits'. The next series we went against a strong Rocky Mountain organization where I feel pitching slayed the offensive juggernaut of the Frontier Division in 6 games. Finally in the Monty Brewster Memorial Series the team took a no holds barred approach and made quick work of the Frick League champion Twin Cities River Monsters in 5 games. It is the 2nd BBA championship that I've won, the 5th overall championship in the league if you count the UMEBA championships, and overall just the sixth online league championship that I've won. A really joyous time in Charm City.

Records Are Meant to Be Broken:

Leading up to our run for the championship we broke a BBA team record. We won 120 games this year which was 3 more than the previous record set which was held by the 2050 Las Vegas Gamblers. It was an amazing run by our team. We didn't have a single losing sim this year which is just mind blowing. I noticed the pace the team was on at the end of May. I saw the record we had and did some rough math thought to myself "If we keep playing at this pace we have a good shot at breaking that record for most wins in a season". June and July we sputtered a little bit posting a .666 winning percentage each month had me a bit worried on our chances. Thankfully we were able to bounce back in August and September. I'm actually a bit more proud of our 120 win season then I am about the championship this year because championships are great, but holding a team record in such a competitive league is something to be really proud of. If someone had asked me what I wanted more the championship or team record I would've taken the team record. To win both is absolutely amazing.

Looking Ahead:

After winning the title last year we didn't have much turnover on the roster. We lost a reliever and our starting third baseman. Coming off this championship we're going to have some more extensive changes. First off we were hit with a surprise as 1B: Colm Alker decided to opt out of his contract. Alker will likely be replaced by a free agent or, Jules Le Gal. If Le Gal is the option at 1B it's expected OF: Geoffrey 'Flash' Dodson will be the favorite to take over the DH role in 2056. Also expected to leave are , MR: Gerardo Rea, CF: Arvin Duggan, SP: Hotha Buyoya, and DH: Norihisa 'Knuckles' Yokoyama. Losing Rea is going to be a major hit because he's been very good for us out of the bullpen after being claimed on waivers in 2051 from Chicago. Duggan we're going to try to resign, but if we're unable to extend him I'm projecting CF being manned by either CF: Mike Cox or CF: Bill Morley next season. Buyoya and Yokoyama were expected to leave after being acquired at the trade deadline. It'll be an interesting off season to see how we construct the team to see if we can push for the 3peat. We're also going to start looking to lock up some of our core players.
Charm City Jimmies GM (2051-Present)

2046-47 UMEBA Champ for Mumbai Metro Stars
2050 UMEBA Champ for Jerusalem Hebrew Hammers
2054, 2055, 2058 Monty Brewster Champion with Charm City Jimmies

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: Charm City 2055.7 - Back to Back/Broken Record/Future

Post by Dington » Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:55 pm

DaveB wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:15 pm
I'm projecting CF being manned by either CF: Mike Cox
Your Mom manned Mike Cox last night.