Charm City 2055.2 - Draft and Big Spender

GM: David Burcicki

Moderator: DaveB

DaveB
GB: JL Atlantic Division Director

Charm City 2055.2 - Draft and Big Spender

Post by DaveB » Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:44 pm

Draft:

Well the annual BBA draft has come and gone. We had a late draft choice due to our recent success. With the first selection we chose OF: Nelson Cadiou. We went with Cadiou over SP: Bob Red due to the scouting report on Red stating he was fragile. Cadiou as it stands now looks to be a potential 3rd outfielder, but I think he'll slide into the role of 4th outfielder unless he has some positive development. Still getting a guy who has a chance to be a starter at some point is nice.

With our second selection we selected 3B: Izz al Din bin Riyad. I wanted to select a starting pitcher in one of the first two selections so we wouldn't get oversaturated in the minor league system with hitters or pitchers. I liked the upside Izz provided and felt he's a potential starting 3B or at the very least a possible utility guy who can play all over the field. He's another guy who I could easily see making the major league roster if he develops to his current potentials in the future.

SS: James Darvell was our 3rd round selection. Darvell is a guy I considered with the 2nd round selection. He's listed as a SS currently, but I think he's a backup infielder in the future as I don't feel his range and defense talents will allow his to stay at short in the long term.

The fourth and final guy I'm going to highlight is our 4th overall selection INF: Esteban Figueroa Figueroa has a better bat than Darvell, but not as good of a defender. I think he's a guy who will split time at a few different positions, but will most likely be a second baseman long term.

Overview: I'd have loved to add more top end talent and a starting pitching prospect higher in the draft. We ended up going with what I felt was the best player available approach. Hopefully some of the guys we selected will develop for us.

Hey Big Spender:

Around draft time there were some prospects that were left go from other teams and we decided to go on a big of a spending spree. We spent 23.185 million on 12 players. Amongst them are the players below: 3B Atif bin Ubaid
INF Nicolai Pletnikov
OF: Mei Hoong
Util: Bernie 'Kit Kat' Mulholland
1B Kyran Pencaitland
OF: Omar Robles

The thought process on my end was getting as much talent into the system as possible. Robles is a guy who could easily be a starter in the future. Ubaid has a similar skill sent with the bat to that of our 2nd round draft choice. Pletnikov could stick at SS. Some of these guys are nice pieces that as a competitive team we needed to sign for depth and also to help restock the farm.
Charm City Jimmies GM (2051-Present)

2046-47 UMEBA Champ for Mumbai Metro Stars
2050 UMEBA Champ for Jerusalem Hebrew Hammers
2054, 2055, 2058 Monty Brewster Champion with Charm City Jimmies

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: Charm City 2055.2 - Draft and Big Spender

Post by Dington » Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:17 pm

Also considered Darvell in 2nd round, but elected another SS. Good signings.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

ae37jr
BBA GM

Post by ae37jr » Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:34 pm

I love the philosophy. Use your extra playoff money to buy prospects. Some of those deals were a little rich for my taste. But that may be because I'm not in the same space financially.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Post by Jwalk100 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:18 pm

I made a try for some of those. I didn't offer much.
ImageImageImageImageImage

BaseClogger
BBA GM

Post by BaseClogger » Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:35 pm

I had the top offers on Ubaid and Pletnikov for a couple sims but you just barely topped me at the end. Liked those guys.
San Fernando Bears GM since 2051

ae37jr
BBA GM

Post by ae37jr » Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:09 pm

BaseClogger wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:35 pm
I had the top offers on Ubaid and Pletnikov for a couple sims but you just barely topped me at the end. Liked those guys.
That's actually what I was curious about. I was wondering if they were blind binds well beyond what anyone else was offering. But this confirms that wasn't the case.

I guess they are fair prices given that they were not under IFA rules. If someone signed Pletnikov in IFA for $4.5 and paid a $4.5 tax, I'd probably think nothing of it.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Charm City Jimmies”