Charm City 2053.1

GM: David Burcicki

Moderator: DaveB

DaveB
GB: JL Atlantic Division Director

Charm City 2053.1

Post by DaveB » Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:19 pm

Sorry this is a little late I haven't had the urge to write anything. I'm hoping to get part two of our Charm City later this week reviewing our first 2 picks in the upcoming draft.

Welcome to Charm City:

We were a little busy during the off season. We were able to acquire 1B/DH: Joe 'Sloth' Melucci, SS: Henri 'Papillion' Charriere, MR: Owen 'Conman' McKelvey, MR: Yoriyuki Ine, and OF: Bill Morley through various methods this offseason. One of my goals was to improve our teams ability to draw walks and improve our OBP. That was the driving force for us to bring in the Sloth to play DH. Sloth has been able to generate a .379 OBP last season and has started off the year with a .400 OBP which is a walk in 12.5% of his plate appearances. That is down from the 14% from last year, but still solid.

In acquiring Henri Charriere we're hoping to improve our defense at the SS position from last year. Pepe 'Bloviater' Espinosa and Imazighen Kibasila were the players who were deployed the most at short stop last year. Our team combined to have a gross -17.3 Zone Rating which I felt was just unacceptable. With Charriere were acquried a player who has produced the following results defensively 3.6, -1.0, -0.4, -0.0, 1.9 and 3.3 over the last 6 years. If he can do that this year it should hopefully help our our pitching staff. The results have been mixed thus far at -1.8. Speaking of Espinosa, we've converted him to the utility infielder role where he's produced quite well to the tune of 0.9 WAR and 1.042 OPS thru 20 games played so far.

I was happy with our bullpen last year, but felt there was room for improvement. We acquired Yorkyuki Ine because we lacked a solid left handed pitcher out of the pen. I bid on a couple guys in free agency, but was out bid. In Owen McKelvey he comes over from the GBC where he had a 1.82 ERA last year. It's a toss up to spend on the GBC guys, but I liked the player and we added him.

Finally Bill Morley came in on a minor league deal. We decided to bring him in because I was worried about our depth at the CF position. We've got a couple guys who can handle the Centerfield position decently, but I feel it's one of the more important positions on the field and like to have a plus defender in the position if possible.

After coming off an 88 win season I'm hoping that our team will continue to be able to build on their success and improve on that this year. It's looking good so far, but we've had a yo-yo like sim performance where we have alternate good and bad performances. It'll be fun to see what happens.
2046-47 UMEBA Champ for Mumbai Metro Stars
2050 UMEBA Champ for Jerusalem Hebrew Hammers

Trebro
BBA GM

Re: Charm City 2053.1

Post by Trebro » Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:03 pm

I hear you on the GBC caution. I am hoping internally for mine to do about 70 percent of what they did in GBC.
Rob McMonigal
Yellow Springs Nine Sep 2052 - ????

London Monarchs Aug 2052 - Sep 2052

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Charm City Jimmies”