DaveB
GB: JL Atlantic Division Director

Jimmie Jabber 2052.6

Post by DaveB » Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:18 pm

We Made The Freakin’ Playoffs!
When I wrote up our first team news of the season I wrote:
DaveB wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:33 pm
We lost 99 games last year. It was unacceptable. I've been playing OOTP online since I think 2006 and I've only had 1 year where I lost over 100 games. We added some depth in various parts of the active roster and minor league system in hopes of avoiding another terrible year. I'm hopeful that with some improved defense and hitting it'll allow the pitching staff to calm down a bit and perform better. Ideally I'd love a .500 team this season, but I'm expecting Charm City to win somewhere in the 70-79 mark.
Wow was I off on those predictions. We won 88 games this year while making the playoffs for the first time since 2046. All this coming off a 98 loss season. Coming into 2052 I knew the pitching staff was going to be better than it was in 2051 just because I felt like the starting rotation started to turn things around in the middle of 2051 when they climbed to 9th a little past the midway point before fading to I believe 11th in team ERA for starting pitching. Our team as a whole exceeded my best case scenario expectations finishing 3rd in team ERA in the Johnson League. A lot of the gain was made by improving the defense. A smart hire was bringing in Neil Barclay with me from Jerusalem as our pitching coach.

It wasn’t all great as I think we are going to need to upgrade the offense which ranked 9th in runs scored and the bottom half of the league in most offensive categories. Thankfully I believe we’ll have about 40 million in cap space for next year so hopefully I’ll spend smart and be back in the playoffs in 2053.
Charm City Jimmies GM

2046-47 UMEBA Champ for Mumbai Metro Stars
2050 UMEBA Champ for Jerusalem Hebrew Hammers
2054, 2055, 2058 Monty Brewster Champion with Charm City Jimmies

Return to “Charm City Jimmies”