Jimmie Jabber 2051.2

GM: David Burcicki

Moderator: DaveB

DaveB
GB: JL Atlantic Division Director

Jimmie Jabber 2051.2

Post by DaveB » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:51 pm

We're talking BBA Draft with this edition of Jimmie Jabber. We're going to look at the first two selections for you Jimmies and one player who might have gone over looked and could possibly be a nice steal.

Up Next!

It's not often a player considered one of the top talents falls. Luckily for us that's exactly what happened when highly rated pitcher Mark 'Bender' Lolololo fell to them at pick 8 of the first round. Bender is seen by many scouts as a potential top of the rotation arm who could be an anchor on a pitching staff for years if he is able to reach his full potential. The reason for his drop in the draft was his inability to stay on the bump. Lolololo has been sidelined 4 times in the past 2 years with day to day injuries. No coincidentally he was removed from his most recent start with a strained hamstring that is expected to sideline him for 4-5 weeks.

Who's Next?
We took outfielder Geoffrey 'Flash' Dodson with their second pick, number 49 overall. Dodson was actually a guy I had on my list in the first round. We love the plate discipline that Dodson was able to show with the Kodak Snappers in college and feel it'll translate well into the BBA. Working the walk is something that the team has struggled with offensively since I took over. We're currently 3rd in the division while ranking 14th in walks so far this year. If Dodson is able to develop I feel he'll end up in left field and could possible make a very nice leadoff man in the near future.

Potential Sleeper?
I'm not going to lie. When playing OOTP baseball games I love the utility player probably a lot more than I should love them. Since I joined the BBA probably my favorite player has been Juan Hernández who I had way back as the GM of Mumbai. Hernandez when I took over the Metro Stars was an outfielder only on a team that was crowded with other outfielders who were better hitters. During spring training I had him learn second base in 2048 and third base in 2049. This was done because I liked his bat enough to get him more chances as a hitter than being a 4th outfield type who was receiving limited at bats. Now you might be wondering why I'm bringing up Hernandez. The reason is simple our 4th round pick was 1B Danny Castillo. Castillo was in the draft listed as a first baseman. With his current potential as a first baseman he looks like nothing more than roster filler in the minors. Our goal with Castillo is to make him the next Juan Hernandez. He's got the range and arm to learn second and third base. I think he also has the untapped potential to learn the corner outfield spots as well. I'm hopeful to see him become a super utility guy and potential platoon guy vs LHP. If he can achieve our goals he's a potential sleeper and very good value in the 4th round of the BBA draft.
2046-47 UMEBA Champ for Mumbai Metro Stars
2050 UMEBA Champ for Jerusalem Hebrew Hammers

Return to “Charm City Jimmies”