Jimmie Jabber 2051.5

GM: David Burcicki

Moderator: DaveB

DaveB
GB: JL Atlantic Division Director

Jimmie Jabber 2051.5

Post by DaveB » Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:53 pm

It's September 1st and time for roster expansion and we are plenty excited for some of the new and returning members of the Charm City Jimmies to finish out the season.

Returning to the active roster after a stint on the IL is DH: Rusty Hutchison. Hutch has had a solid, but injury filled 2051. He's posted a solid .310/.356/.476/.832 in 407 PA's this year. I don't think he's going to see much time because I've been pleasantly surprised by the production OF: Motoshige Saito has given us since Hutchinson last hit the IL.

OF: Mike Cox was promoted from AAA when it became clear that OF: Ramón Moreno wasn't ready for big league action. Cox, aside from having a very sexual name, came over in the trade that sent Dan Small to Charlotte earlier this year. The Small/Cox trade probably hasn't worked out as well as Charlotte had hoped for thus far. Cox has been solid, but unspectacular while with Annapolis this season posting a line of .283/.332/.351/.683. We're not expecting him to swing an intimidating stick. We're simply hopeful that he'll be able to sound defense and not embarrass himself with his mighty stick.

When C: Hasbi Yazîcîzâde appears in his first game he will be the 3rd player to appear in a game for the Jimmies that was acquired in the trade that sent the Zeusian like CF: Félix Román to Mexico City earlier this season. I'm not sure why Hasbi isn't ranked better as a prospect. He wasn't ranked in my top 30 prospects and according to OOTP we don't have a top 10 minor league system. Hasbi produced quite well in AAA showing a .281/.335/.446/.781 line. He's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but that's a solid line in AAA. I'm excited to see what he can do against big league pitchers.

MR: Alexander King was called back up from AAA. King performed quite well for us earlier this season as seen by the 2.79 ERA and 165 ERA+ that he produced over 29 innings. What hurt him was the numbers game. As more pitchers were claimed off waivers and guys getting healthy his options played against him. I do think he was a bit lucky earlier this year due to the tidy .247 babip. It'll be interesting to see what he does over the final month.

MR: You-de Szema is another member of the return for Roman. He started the year on the active roster before ineffectiveness had him demoted (11.91 ERA in 12 games). Szema went to AAA and pitched a lot better (3.58 ERA in 24 games) to earn a recall.

INF: Gani Duyan and OF: Rafael Moreno were both promoted basically for some warm bodies to provide depth off the bench. Duyan was claimed off waivers from Boise earlier this year and hasn't seen much of a chance to reach the field anywhere. Moreno on the other hand was our starting centerfielder at the beginning of the season. During his time he put together a .209/.272/.350/.622 with an impressive -0.9 WAR in 79 games. Moreno might have been gunning for the LVP Award had he continued his sucktitude. That said due to his ability to be serviceable defensively in the outfield he may have a chance to be on the active roster as a reserve outfielder next season.

Thanks for the read and have a good rest of your day.
Charm City Jimmies GM

2046-47 UMEBA Champ for Mumbai Metro Stars
2050 UMEBA Champ for Jerusalem Hebrew Hammers
2054, 2055, 2058 Monty Brewster Champion with Charm City Jimmies

Return to “Charm City Jimmies”