Jimmie Jabber 2051.3

GM: David Burcicki

Moderator: DaveB

DaveB
GB: JL Atlantic Division Director

Jimmie Jabber 2051.3

Post by DaveB » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:56 pm

I'm going to make this Jimmie Jabber a little more abstract then what I've produced in recent times in the BBA so please bear with me.

Going into play with Sim 13 tomorrow the Jimmies currently sit with a .403 winning percentage which equates out to roughly about 96 losses on the season which stinks. I knew when taking over the team and reviewing what we had that it was going to be a little while before getting the team to where I wanted it player personnel wise. Each GM has a style of what they like to build in a team when they take over. It usually takes time to build the team to properly fit your style of play. When you're going from a team like Charm City where we have only reached the playoffs twice since 2035 there were bound to be some growing pains because you know that the team probably doesn't have the talent to compete right away and win and it was also set up for the previous GM's style of play. When we took over the team was coming off a run of 3 seasons where the most wins they had was 78 so that tells me that the talent level on the team wasn't high. Our first move was that we decided to trim our highest paid and best player in CF: Felix Roman for prospects. It was basically waiving the white flag for the season and probably seasons to come. Our team was scene by some as a team that could possibly surprise and make a run with the right moves in the preseason, but what kind of run would it have been? An empty 1st round of the playoffs exit? Not my style of play. I've been gifted to by having great teams in the UMEBA (R.I.P.) with Mumbai when I first came in that I lead to two straight championships and Jerusalem which won the championship last year that were largely built teams that could've been put on auto pilot and probably led to a championship. From my experience playing OOTP online since roughly 2010 this is just the 4th league I've been in during the time. I've learned that to get a team that is good consistently you have to develop the style of team you like to play. I'm expecting the Charm City team to start to trend in the right direction within about 3-5 seasons. It sucks having to think this way because I hate losing, even if it means that losing will make the team good in the long term by getting a prime draft position.

Onto a small piece about the team. Expect to see our Rule V pick from this season OF: Kazunari Chikafuji start to get more playing time in the near future. Kaz has been developing quite well and is hitting .294. He's going to be pushing corner outfield incumbents Fawwaz Amin and Jude Carter for playing time as the season progresses.
2046-47 UMEBA Champ for Mumbai Metro Stars
2050 UMEBA Champ for Jerusalem Hebrew Hammers

Return to “Charm City Jimmies”