Warehouse Wire 2048.05: BNN is Fake News

GM: David Burcicki

Moderator: DaveB

bcslouck
BBA GM

Warehouse Wire 2048.05: BNN is Fake News

Post by bcslouck » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:51 am

Toward the end of every season, the reports file in from BNN alerting the sports World of a teams elimination from playoff contention, along with some "facts." Unfortunately for the Jimmies, their report has come out. But some immediately questioned if the editor was drunk.
The Jimmies have made the playoffs 0 times in their 20 years as a Brewster Baseball Association franchise
That's clearly not true. They last made the playoffs in 2046 and have made it a few times before, including a Landis appearance in 2032.
This playoff miss is the club's 2nd in a row, with their last postseason appearance coming in 2046.
Oh wait. So they do know?

Between things like this and the crazy preseason predictions they put out before Spring Training that gets everyone in a tizzy, can we really trust BNN? I mean, can we really even trust that the Jimmies are eliminated from playoff contention?

Okay. Maybe that last question is a little much. It only takes looking at the standings a half a second to see that they are mathematically eliminated in 2048. It's been a rough year. But's it a pretty egregious mistake. And looks even weirder when the next sentence has the facts.

So, BNN. What gives?

EDIT: Here is the link to the BNN story.
Brandon Slouck
Rocky Mountain Oysters (2058 - present)
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Charm City Jimmies (2029 - 2049)
Paris Patriots (2028)

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: Warehouse Wire 2048.05: BNN is Fake News

Post by Dington » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:27 pm

I vote you keep fighting for playoffs. I bet they’re wrong.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Charm City Jimmies”