Warehouse Wire 2048.04: Perkins Trade & Extension

GM: David Burcicki

Moderator: DaveB

bcslouck
BBA GM

Warehouse Wire 2048.04: Perkins Trade & Extension

Post by bcslouck » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:47 am

Back in late June, the Jimmies acquired Jarred Perkins from Seattle in an effort to bolster one of the worst bullpens in the BBA.

Perkins ERA has been better in Charm City but peripherals suggest he's take a slight step back from the production he put up in Seattle. Despite this, he's still the best arm in a bullpen that still is weak despite some young players starting to turn a corner.

With Perkins set to be a free agent after the year, the Jimmies wanted to lock him up. And later in August, the team and player came to an agreement. A 3 year $15,000,000 contract will keep him in Charm City through 2051.

"We're glad to have locked him up," said the GM. "He was definitely a guy we wanted to keep going forward and will be looking to him to keep games close to keep some pressure off some of the guys we have. We will be exploring free agency for another guy to go with him. But we are happy to have Jarred here for the foreseeable future."

"I'm happy to be staying," said the newly signed RP. "It's been a rough year but I see some good things on the horizon. I believe we can do something here and I hope to be a big part of it."

In a recent poll, the fan base doesn't feel as good about the future of the team as Jarred Perkins. 68% think the organization needs to reboot the organization again. only 15% think the team should push forward with the current group.

The Jimmies now sit 65-83. They're on pace for their first 90+ loss season since 2038. Despite avoiding being really bad in that stretch, they've only made the playoffs twice. One has to wonder, should the future of the organization be in the hands of current GM Brandon Slouck.
Brandon Slouck
Rocky Mountain Oysters (2058 - present)
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Charm City Jimmies (2029 - 2049)
Paris Patriots (2028)

Return to “Charm City Jimmies”