Warehouse Wire 2048.02: Pythagorean Monster

GM: David Burcicki

Moderator: DaveB

bcslouck
BBA GM

Warehouse Wire 2048.02: Pythagorean Monster

Post by bcslouck » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:35 am

GM Brandon Slouck has often been quoted as saying "real wins are greater than fake wins."

While of course true, metrics that project out how many wins a team should have can help figure out what teams are "real." The Jimmies are usually overachievers when it comes to performance versus actual record. All-time, the team is +16 wins over expected wins based on performance. This year has gone much different.

The most the team has underachieved in a season was -8, back in 2035. Almost halfway through 2048, the team finds itself at -6.

When it comes to real wins, the team sits 32-37 with an expected record of 38-31. Again, real wins are what really matter. They find themselves 10 games back of the division lead and 4.5 back of the last Wild Card spot.

"It still holds true," said the surly longtime GM. "I know that's the story you're spinning up. Trying to get me to back track. That won't happen. I can't worry about fake numbers. My job is to steer us to a Landis and the real numbers are the only way that's going to happen."

The biggest issue seems to be the bullpen. The team's offense seems to finally be clicking like they've tried to build for a few years and the rotation is still strong. The bullpen, ranked 10th in the JL, has been an issue for a few years now. That's lead to a 6-12 record in 1-run games. That's the worst record in the BBA.

"6-12 in 1-run games is certainly a real number I'm very aware of."

It's a number that can't be ignore. The team is underperforming. And while that has been the case for years, this year, it seems the talent is doing it's thing. Everything but close out games.
Brandon Slouck
Rocky Mountain Oysters (2058 - present)
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Charm City Jimmies (2029 - 2049)
Paris Patriots (2028)

aaronweiner
BBA GM

Re: Warehouse Wire 2048.02: Pythagorean Monster

Post by aaronweiner » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:45 am

One of the weirdest stats of my season: in 71 games I've had EIGHT one run games. EIGHT.

And I have felt this pain in the past.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Charm City Jimmies”