Warehouse Wire 2044.01: The Gang is Back

GM: David Burcicki

Moderator: DaveB

bcslouck
BBA GM

Warehouse Wire 2044.01: The Gang is Back

Post by bcslouck » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:50 am

With the retirement of some of the most successful players in Charm City history over the last 2 years, the team has decided to reach out and bring them back as coaches.

Carlton Winson and Alfredo Salazar were both previously enshrined as the first players into the Charm City Hall of Fame. They will be come the hitting coaches of the short season teams. The other player will probably be in the CCJ HOF in the near future, will be a pitching coach for Caymen. That newly minted coach is Egbert Behner.

"I never really though this would happen," said the new pitching coach. "I can't say I didn't have some resentment after being traded to Jacksonville. But it was more because I loved this franchise and city. As the years went, I realized it was for the best for both of us and I appreciated what they did for me. So I have nothing but love for this place and I'm happy to begin my coaching career for this wonderful franchise."

Joining Behner in Cayman is Alfredo Salazar. Salazar was a great hitter in the BBA for a long time. He could draw a walk as good as anyone and that's what the organization hopes he can bring to the table. Learn how to expand the zone and work good counts. "Little surprised I didn't get a call last year," Salazar said. But hey, I'm glad I got the call before the coaching itch was gone. I look forward to working with the young hitters the organization has. They have some good ones coming soon that I think I can really help out."

The last, but certainly not least, coaching addition is Carlton Winson. He of course is know for his big time power but also was one of the best around at drawing walks. "I never really saw myself as a coach," said Winson. "It took some convincing. Alfredo (Salazar) really talked me into it and the more I thought about it, I'm not done with baseball. My playing career is over but I have something to give the game still. I look forward to getting to work."

Charm City has had some solid success with former players being coaches, though none bring the star power this trio does. [urlhttps://statsplus.net/brewster/reports/news/html/coaches/coach_3573.html]Fernando Flores[/url] has become a fantastic pitching coach after retiring at only 21. Flores is only 27 and looks to be the future pitching coach in Charm City. Chris Workman has also been a solid hitting coach in the low minors.

The organization hopes these guys can not only help develop new skills, but be able to mentor international prospects that are in new surroundings and may not adapt the best otherwise. All 3 played in the now defunct EBA and went through the transition of having playing baseball away from home.

The organization now looks to these legends to usher in the next wave of Jimmies. With the current crop getting the team back in the playoffs, the hope is the current group keeps the train going with the next generation ready to continue the run.
Brandon Slouck
Rocky Mountain Oysters (2058 - present)
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Charm City Jimmies (2029 - 2049)
Paris Patriots (2028)

Return to “Charm City Jimmies”