Warehouse Wire 2038.03: Rule 5 goes 5 for 5

GM: David Burcicki

Moderator: DaveB

bcslouck
BBA GM

Warehouse Wire 2038.03: Rule 5 goes 5 for 5

Post by bcslouck » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:43 am

C Peadar McIihome was drafted in the Rule 5 draft with the 2nd overall pick from Long Beach. The team saw him as at least a weak side platoon option but with the lack of C options, he had a shot at starting. While he had a weak Spring, nobody else stepped up and he went into a platoon. After today, he may get more time behind the dish.

In a 12-9 win, the long time up and down former Surfer went 5 for 5, driving in 3 runs in the process. He managed 3 singles and 2 doubles on the day.

"I'm grateful for this opportunity," said McIihome. "I'm grateful for the one I had in Long Beach too. I really don't know why it didn't work out but I'm grateful they gave me a chance. But I'm ecstatic to be in Charm City. It seems to be the land of opportunity and I'm hoping I make the best of it."

Catcher has been a bit of a revolving door since Don Logan left after the 2034 season. The team has been looking for some consistency at the position but it just hasn't happened. Quinton Lara seems to be that future option. He looks like a potential solid hitter with ability to drive the gaps and put the ball over the fence.

Back to McIihome. He doesn't seem to be the long term answer, but in the short term, he's off to a good start. A .983 OPS through the first week is always good, even if a small sample size. And considering his platoon mate Bartolo Costa is still 0-fer, the opportunities will keep coming for the Irish 26 year old.
Brandon Slouck
Rocky Mountain Oysters (2058 - present)
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Charm City Jimmies (2029 - 2049)
Paris Patriots (2028)

Bumstead
Ex-GM

Re: Warehouse Wire 2038.03: Rule 5 goes 5 for 5

Post by Bumstead » Tue May 28, 2019 12:17 pm

Turned out to be a really good grab!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Charm City Jimmies”