Warehouse Wire 2038.05: CCJ front office not concerned with OMA front office not being concerned with YS9 hot start?

GM: David Burcicki

Moderator: DaveB

bcslouck
BBA GM

Warehouse Wire 2038.05: CCJ front office not concerned with OMA front office not being concerned with YS9 hot start?

Post by bcslouck » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:58 pm

In a slow news day around the BBA, the Yellow Springs team news mentioned a series win over division rival Omaha. In response, an Omaha team news seemed to suggest they don't seem to care about the hot start. In Charm City, they seem to care even less.

"Why are you asking my opinion on this," said GM Brandon Slouck. "They are on the other side of the league. The wrong side. I mean. I guess Omaha seems to care if they had to get a TN out for the public on it. But we don't care. I was mad about that question and just got mad all over again. Have you seen that we haven't completely sucked this year?" *CLICK*

With that question, he hung up on the weekly local media conference call.

We really have no idea why we asked the question. In hind sight, we regret doing it and have reached out to Brandon Slouck to apologize but he has declined our calls.

In a sense he's right. Sure, both those teams have been better in the last few years. Sure, they actually are solid rivals, something Charm City doesn't have much of right now given it's lack of success. But they are 22-22. And that's something. It's better than Omaha right now. Maybe that's why the GM got mad?

Regardless, the team has played much better than anticipated. A strong bullpen has managed to carry them in close games this season. We don't think they'll make any big moves that potentially sacrifice the teams future. But there have been rumors they may look for some small improvements. The offense could use a little boost and a SP wouldn't hurt. But at what cost?

Anyway, Omaha and Yellow Springs both come to Charm City in July. Maybe it'll be interesting?
Brandon Slouck
Rocky Mountain Oysters (2058 - present)
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Charm City Jimmies (2029 - 2049)
Paris Patriots (2028)

niles08
BBA GM

Re: Warehouse Wire 2038.05: CCJ front office not concerned with OMA front office not being concerned with YS9 hot start?

Post by niles08 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:11 pm

This made me laugh a bit. On a side note, your bullpen strength has carried your team while my bullpen weakness has held mine back(to say it nicely)

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: Warehouse Wire 2038.05: CCJ front office not concerned with OMA front office not being concerned with YS9 hot start?

Post by RonCo » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:20 pm

There's no such thing as bad publicity, right?
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

bcslouck
BBA GM

Post by bcslouck » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:37 pm

Bullpen was solid last year too but got gassed. I think we have more talent but as long as we only have 2 guys giving us good starts, they’ll eventually lose their edge.

And yeah I guess publicity is publicity.

:lol:
Brandon Slouck
Rocky Mountain Oysters (2058 - present)
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Charm City Jimmies (2029 - 2049)
Paris Patriots (2028)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Charm City Jimmies”