Warehouse Wire 2037.08: Another Year. Another 100 Losses.

GM: David Burcicki

Moderator: DaveB

bcslouck
BBA GM

Warehouse Wire 2037.08: Another Year. Another 100 Losses.

Post by bcslouck » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:06 am

After a 14-12 July and a weak wildcard race in the JL, the team thought they may have an outside chance at sneaking in. A 15-38 over the last 2 months slammed the door on that thought.

Free agent signings to brings fans in the seats really only did that. None really proved to be the players they were before coming to Charm City. After a solid start, Carlos Garcia fell apart. Matt Mills managed to get his ERA under 5 but his FIP was over that. Leon Sandcastle was actually still solid but got hurt, ending his season. Julio Torror was an All-Star but fell apart in the 2nd half. Sean Smith was also solid but slowed down.

Felipe Murillo of course got hurt. He may catch on with someone with a MiLC, but his career is probably over. Jay-hoon Ch'oe took a step back in the first year of a 3 year extension. Byron Hearle also fell apart once again. Not a lot of bright spots.

Joao Silva was a small one. After being picked up off waivers, he managed a 111 OPS+ and 112 wRC+ in 69 games with the team. He crushed lefties and will probably mainly play against the handedness. Juan Cano stayed healthy all season and had a solid season out of the 'pen. Joaquin Hebner, Thiongo Muiru, and David Marquez all made their ML debuts to mixed results.

This season will probably lead to an offseason purge. Most team options will probably be declined. A decent amount of players will probably be non-tendered. Another offseason with fans in Baltimore looking for the light at the end of the tunnel.
Brandon Slouck
Rocky Mountain Oysters (2058 - present)
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Charm City Jimmies (2029 - 2049)
Paris Patriots (2028)

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Re: Warehouse Wire 2037.08: Another Year. Another 100 Losses.

Post by Fat Nige » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:19 am

I know the feeling of going nowhere lol. Until I get a few big contracts cleared there’ll be no decent FA’s in Louisville and the home-grown talent is anything but. At least I appear stuck just missing the 100 losses though and maybe our young players will grow up lifting their talent
Nigel Laverick
(former GM of El Paso Chilis #WeWereShitty) ,
Now GM Riyadh Red Crescents #WeBeNotSoNewNow #WeAreJustAsShitty

Riyadh GM since May 2046

JL Manager of the Year 2000 (Baltimore Monarchs)
Nothing since

An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

bcslouck
BBA GM

Post by bcslouck » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:21 am

Fat Nige wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:19 am
I know the feeling of going nowhere lol. Until I get a few big contracts cleared there’ll be no decent FA’s in Louisville and the home-grown talent is anything but. At least I appear stuck just missing the 100 losses though and maybe our young players will grow up lifting their talent
I don't think we're going nowhere. Making progress. Things aren't going as smooth as I'd like but we'll get there.
Brandon Slouck
Rocky Mountain Oysters (2058 - present)
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Charm City Jimmies (2029 - 2049)
Paris Patriots (2028)

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Post by Fat Nige » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:28 am

Now I’ve cleared the big contracts I feel more content. Probably be a few more years of financial prudence and allow the youngsters to grow into the role before hopefully making the big push but now I do feel like you, that I am getting there, slowly, but getting there
Nigel Laverick
(former GM of El Paso Chilis #WeWereShitty) ,
Now GM Riyadh Red Crescents #WeBeNotSoNewNow #WeAreJustAsShitty

Riyadh GM since May 2046

JL Manager of the Year 2000 (Baltimore Monarchs)
Nothing since

An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Charm City Jimmies”