Warehouse Wire 2036.01: What do now?

GM: David Burcicki

Moderator: DaveB

bcslouck
BBA GM

Warehouse Wire 2036.01: What do now?

Post by bcslouck » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:51 am

Indeed, that what all of Baltimore is thinking after a disastrous 2035 season that saw the team lose 98 games, most in the teams short history, while selling off mainstays that took the team to the Landis just a few years ago.

The team had an ambitious fire sale that included them sending Alfredo Salazar to Brooklyn while retaining all of his salary for the remainder of the season. While the team did no anticipate making a move that creative, Brooklyn came to them looking to upgrade without the cap and sent a package of prospects the Jimmies would not of gotten for Salazar otherwise.

In the moves made before the deadline, the team's farm system went from dead last to middle of the pack. The team now has 4 top 100 prospects, with 2 of them coming via trades. Jorge Nevárez and Masamune Ueda are the 2 who came in the sell off while Thiongo Muiru and David Márquez are home grown arms making their way through the system. While still not a top flight system, it has depth that the organization has never had before, with solid or better prospects up and down the system all over the diamond.

The answer to "what do now" seems to be continuing to get as much talent in the farm as possible. Expect the team to still be active on the trade market while also not being shy about signing veterans to short team deals in free agency. The latter will help keep the fans interested and also give the team some deadline trade pieces if they succeed or draft picks in the 2037 draft. After kind of failing in the last draft by not being able to sign their 1st round pick and a 2nd round compensation pick (which they won't get back :doh: ), they are looking to nail the next 2 as they will have multiple 1st rounders this year with the team's 1st rounder moving up in the order. They may not find stars with these picks, but it's always good to have depth. And with the 2 1st's, it's good to have multiple darts to throw at the board.

The Jimmie will keep operating as a rebuilding team does through 2036 and probably 2037. Acquire valuable prospects. Get veterans who have the potential to bring back assets, whether it's more prospects or compensation picks. Try to put a respectable ML team on the field to keep the fans interested. Easy, right?
Brandon Slouck
Rocky Mountain Oysters (2058 - present)
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Charm City Jimmies (2029 - 2049)
Paris Patriots (2028)

ae37jr
BBA GM

Re: Warehouse Wire 2036.01: What do now?

Post by ae37jr » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:53 am

I have a strong feeling that you know exactly what to do and will be back at or near the top of the Atlantic in just a few seasons. It's part of the reason I'm pushing hard now. Rockville is awesome and there is nothing I can do about that. But CCJ, ATC, and possibly MTL(under new ownership) will be rebuilding. I felt if I waited another year or two that you guys would be pushing me out the door before I ever stepped foot in it.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Charm City Jimmies”