Warehouse Wire 2035.04: Egbert Behner

GM: David Burcicki

Moderator: DaveB

bcslouck
BBA GM

Warehouse Wire 2035.04: Egbert Behner

Post by bcslouck » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:10 am

Egbert Behner will stay a Jimmie for at least another 4 years.

The former Nebraska winner agreed to a 6 year contract extension on 11/20/2034, which starts in 2036 after signing an extension through 2035 back in the Spring Training of 2032. The contract pays 'Rev' $10,000,000 annually and has a player opt-out after the 2038 season.

"I hope to be a Jimmie for life," said Behner at the press conference announcing the deal. "I'm really excited to be staying here for the foreseeable future. Baltimore has really embraced my family and I'm blessed to be able continue raising my family here."

"We really are happy we got him locked up," said GM Brandon Slouck. "Being one of our EBA cornerstones, we really wanted to keep him here. He's meant a lot to the team and community. We hope he is the first domino to fall in terms of keeping the band together."

The last quote from the GM is in reference to the impending free agency of Carlton Winson and Alfredo Salazar. Both have been instrumental in the Jimmies success over the last few years. Reports from the warehouse have heard from sources that Winson talks have progressed while the talks with Salazar have broken down, at least for now. After what seemed like a done deal with Salazar, he's not demanded more money twice after seemingly reaching an agreement. When GM Brandon Slouck was asked on the matter of Salazar, all he has to say was "this day isn't about him, it's about keeping 'Rev.'" That carries much more meaning than a simple no comment.

Bottom line, Behner will stay in Charm City. Though it doesn't appear he's the Ace he looked to be ascending to after winner the Nebraska in 2032, he's still a very good pitcher and goes on stretches of being an Ace level pitcher. The team could have a much worse Opening Day starter for the next 4 years.
Brandon Slouck
Rocky Mountain Oysters (2058 - present)
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Charm City Jimmies (2029 - 2049)
Paris Patriots (2028)

Return to “Charm City Jimmies”