Warehouse Wire 2035.02: Extension Talk

GM: David Burcicki

Moderator: DaveB

bcslouck
BBA GM

Warehouse Wire 2035.02: Extension Talk

Post by bcslouck » Tue May 29, 2018 5:24 pm

Editors Note: So I've been looking for a good name for my recurring TN's and I couldn't really come up with anything. Maybe something crab related or Baltimore themed. We will go a different route. For those of you who don't know, my park is basically Oriole Park at Camden Yards. In RF, just beyond Eutaw Street, sits the B&O Warehouse. Going forward, my TN's will be a nod to it.

Much has been made of the future of Charm City, with some major core pieces set to his the market after the 2035 season. While some have wondered if the best thing for Charm City would be to move those pieces, load up on prospects, and retool in hopes of making another run in the future. Talk from the warehouse has not indicated that will be the case.

Reports from the warehouse seem to indicate talks are going well for multiple players. A deal appears to be all but done with Egbert Behner, with just some small details to be fleshed out. An announcement could be any day for him. As for Alfredo Salazar, talks seem to be going well. Though not as well as with Behner, a deal seems reachable. From our sources, Salazar will be making considerably less in a potential deal.

The big elephant in the room is can the team keep Carlton Winson? Talks have progressed, but a deal isn't a lock like it is for the above players. The appear to be a couple million away annually from each other, per sources. This has lead to Charm City actively shopping the 2 time Sawyer Silk winner while also working toward an agreement. Just seems to be a case of the team covering themselves. Reports are the asking price is very high, as it should be.

The team has also been exchanging 1 year extensions with several players in an effort to potentially save money down the road while also guaranteeing players money. Tim Waller, who's been solid as a RP since coming over from Carolina (now Rockville), Maximo Quezada, who has become one of the better CF's in the game, and Claudio Escobedo all have been tendered 2036 contracts with announcements coming soon of their signings, per sources.

Escobedo may be the most interesting one to see on that list. After a solid rookie campaign in 2033 as both a RP and SP, he tore his flexor tendon in his elbow early in Spring Training. He is expected to be ready by Spring Training. Early estimates for his 2036 arbitration have him potentially making $650,000. Per sources, the team has offered to guarantee him $700,000. If he manages to come back healthy and pitches like he did in 2033, that will look like a bargain in contract in 2036.

So, it looks as if Charm City plans to try and keep the band together. While playoff success has alluded them since their 2032 Landis appearance, the core of players is still strong, with a solid supporting cast. It appears the plan to stay with this group of players for at least a couple of more seasons.
Brandon Slouck
Rocky Mountain Oysters (2058 - present)
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Charm City Jimmies (2029 - 2049)
Paris Patriots (2028)

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: Warehouse Wire 2035.02 - Extension Talk

Post by RonCo » Tue May 29, 2018 10:06 pm

I like the name.

It's an interesting pivot for the Jimmies, moving into paying some of those guys real cash. It changes the dynamic--as the Nine are finding. :)
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

bcslouck
BBA GM

Re: Warehouse Wire 2035.02 - Extension Talk

Post by bcslouck » Wed May 30, 2018 5:53 am

A player or two will have to go. We'll have to get creative, which is the fun part.
Brandon Slouck
Rocky Mountain Oysters (2058 - present)
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Charm City Jimmies (2029 - 2049)
Paris Patriots (2028)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Charm City Jimmies”