2034.11 - Early Exit

GM: David Burcicki

Moderator: DaveB

bcslouck
BBA GM

2034.11 - Early Exit

Post by bcslouck » Thu May 17, 2018 12:30 pm

Expectations were high in Baltimore despite the lost in game 163 to Jacksonville. Counted out often and overlooked, the Jimmies won 106 games in the best division in the BBA. Nabbing the #1 wildcard, everyone in town felt confident they would be squaring off with Havana in the Doubleday series. And that is where things went wrong.

In a hard fought series against JLA nemesis Montreal, the Jimmies were blasted 9-1 in game 5 to be handed defeat in one of two monster upsets in the Geoghegan round. After 3 games, Charm City was up 2-1. In game 4, one of the league's top bullpen arms Wilmot Schlöndorff took the loss in a close game that seemed to of demoralized the team.

Carlton Winson, who won the MVP for the series, hit 4 homes runs total, with 2 in that pivotal game 4 loss.

"I don't care about the award," said Winson. "Uh.. it doesn't matter to me if we aren't moving on. Hat tip to the boys across the diamond. Montreal is always tough. We had their number in the regular season. Numbers get reset in the playoffs. They took care of business. We'll be back."

After Egbert Behner threw an absolute gem in game 1, Montreal jumped all over him for 4 runs while tacking on another 5 against a bullpen that had been meh all season to deal the final blow.

The 2034-2035 offseason will be an interesting one for the Jimmies. The team's core players are all entering their final contract year. Will they resign them or attempt to move them? This season, the BBA is expanding. Who do they plan to protect? The team as always needs to add some pitching if they want to compete. Do they have the assets to do that? All those questions will be answered in time. One thing is for certain. The Jimmies will have a sour taste in their mouth all offseason and will be chomping at the bit to get back to work.
Brandon Slouck
Rocky Mountain Oysters (2058 - present)
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Charm City Jimmies (2029 - 2049)
Paris Patriots (2028)

felipe
Ex-GM

Re: 2034.11 - Early Exit

Post by felipe » Thu May 17, 2018 3:50 pm

Ahem...second best division in baseball

Don’t worry, it’ll soon be made clear

I really really really should have been more aggressive when you were toying with a tear down at the season start

My anti-JL bias really shone through there

That Winston guy may have made myvstarting lineup better

bcslouck
BBA GM

Re: 2034.11 - Early Exit

Post by bcslouck » Fri May 18, 2018 10:40 am

I'm glad I didn't despite the early exit this year. You had the bullets to make it happen. You just weren't willing to send them along and based on the offer, didn't think there was much room to try and negotiate something. You're in the Landis anyway, so it doesn't really matter.
Brandon Slouck
Rocky Mountain Oysters (2058 - present)
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Charm City Jimmies (2029 - 2049)
Paris Patriots (2028)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Charm City Jimmies”