Charm City 2054.1

GM: David Burcicki

Moderator: DaveB

DaveB
GB: JL Atlantic Division Director

Charm City 2054.1

Post by DaveB » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:19 pm

Going Through Changes

The offseason for your Charm City Jimmies was one of turbulence. The first bomb shell was when pitching coach Neil Barclay decided to not resign with the Jimmies. Barclay had been with me as a pitching coach since 2050 with the Jerusalem Hebrew Hammers. He followed me over to Charm City when I accept the role of GM. Barclay was replaced as pitching coach by Juan Paredes, who comes over from the Omaha organization.

The next hits were when SS: Henri 'Papillion' Charriere and Closer: Manuel Barrera decided to opt out of their contracts. We were able to resign Barrera to a 3 year extension. Charriere we were unable to resign as he was seeking 12 million per year for 6 years. He went on to sign a 6 year 79 million dollar deal with Rocky Mountain.Elvan Masûkî was signed to man the empty shortstop position.

Finally after failing to find a trade partner were released 3B: Tsuyoshi Kobayashi. Kobayashi was signed 2 years ago in free agency from the GBC. We started to sour of Kobayashi after the 2052 season because of he seemed to be more of juggler than a third baseman. In two seasons as our starting 3B he committed 62 errors and a -4.7 Zone Rating. I'm going to be using Pepe 'Bloviater' Espinosa as our starting third baseman this year.

Tokimasa Yano was brought in to take over as our everyday catcher. The catching position is an area that I've been looking to upgrade now for a few seasons. I'm hoping that the 28 year old will be a solid addition for us for years to come.

Finally we added Arvin Duggan to play center field. I wanted to add some extra offensive ability to our lineup and Duggan was a guy that was negotiated a little bit last year. He plays a solid CF and is a solid hitter.
2046-47 UMEBA Champ for Mumbai Metro Stars
2050 UMEBA Champ for Jerusalem Hebrew Hammers

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

Re: Charm City 2054.1

Post by trmmilwwi » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:24 pm

That's a lot of "M"illions for "Pap"illion! Wowsers. I need to place a few more infielders on my trade block.
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

BaseClogger
BBA GM

Post by BaseClogger » Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:44 pm

After working thru a trade over the offseason I enjoyed seeing your whole process. I remember seeing the Masuki signing come thru my mailbox and thought it looked like a bargain. After reviewing his career, it seems like he will be a big boom/bust potential for you. On the bright side, you still have the Bloviator to move back to SS if need be. I expect there will be many more 3B on the trade market than SS.
San Fernando Bears GM since 2051

DaveB
GB: JL Atlantic Division Director

Post by DaveB » Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:44 pm

BaseClogger wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:44 pm
After working thru a trade over the offseason I enjoyed seeing your whole process. I remember seeing the Masuki signing come thru my mailbox and thought it looked like a bargain. After reviewing his career, it seems like he will be a big boom/bust potential for you. On the bright side, you still have the Bloviator to move back to SS if need be. I expect there will be many more 3B on the trade market than SS.
I wanted to bring back Papillion, but I wasn’t going to touch what he got/wanted. I’m still getting used to the league in terms of what works player wise, what’s needed, and what’s available.

Also still trying to get used to the rating system because I’m more familiar with the 1-10 ratings because the previous league I was in had that. So I’ll see a guy when I’m browsing free agency, draft, waivers, and trade. I’ll see a player who would’ve been good in my former league then realize he’s not going to work here.
2046-47 UMEBA Champ for Mumbai Metro Stars
2050 UMEBA Champ for Jerusalem Hebrew Hammers

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Charm City Jimmies”