Jimmie Jabber 2051.2

GM: David Burcicki

Moderator: DaveB

DaveB
GB: JL Atlantic Division Director

Jimmie Jabber 2051.2

Post by DaveB » Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:41 pm

We're a month into the season and the draft has come and gone. A lot has changed and yet still a lot has stayed the same since the beginning of the season.

No Hit For You!:
Marcos Gonzales pitched an absolute gem scattering 0 hits in a game vs the Boise Spuds on May 3rd. Gonzales pitched the 4th no hitter in the history of Charm City and the first since SP: Dan Small in July 2047. Hopefully this will kick start his season which he currently sports an ERA over 7.

Offensive Offense:
Our offense has been pretty terrible thus far. We currently rank 14th in the JL in runs scored and are amongst the bottom in most offensive categories. That's something that has to improve for us to take the next steps towards contention. DH: Rusty Hutchinson has been the minority offensively this year. Rusty is hitting .333 on the year and on pace for over 200 hits. He's a guy I was hoping to see take a step forward this year after struggling to get a footing in the BBA since first appearing in 2045 in the majors.

...and the Charm City Jimmies select...

C: Jesse Holman was the first player we selected with the 15th over selection. A few eye brows were raised amongst the fan base. Holman is a guy we liked because has some solid batch control, he's a switch hitter, and has some good gap power. I looked over the league and he looks like he could be about a league average catcher, due to his ability to switch hit I'm hopeful he'll be better.

3B: Jules Le Gal was our 2nd round selection. Le Gal is a guy that I was a bit surprised fell to us. Offensive talent is something that seems to be lacking throughout the league. Le Gal has some pretty solid gap and power potential so I was happy to see him available. Our scouts believe he's taken a step forward with the bat this year and we're hoping he can continue to take more steps and then the leap right into Charm City.
2046-47 UMEBA Champ for Mumbai Metro Stars
2050 UMEBA Champ for Jerusalem Hebrew Hammers

Return to “Charm City Jimmies”