Warehouse Wire 2049.01: Welcome Home

GM: David Burcicki

Moderator: DaveB

bcslouck
BBA GM

Warehouse Wire 2049.01: Welcome Home

Post by bcslouck » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:34 am

November 9th, 2049

Owner Cemal Jirecek has wanted to up attendance since taking over ownership. A source inside the warehouse has told us that he has wanted to get some hometown stars. Player from the Baltimore region. Well, GM Brandon Slouck may of bagged the biggest one.

In a blockbuster (links in trade) early in the offseason, the Jimmies acquired Boise star CF Félix Román. Román is originally from Towson, MD which is inside Interstate 695 about 20 miles north of OLD BAY Park at Camden Yards.

"Félix fills a massive hole in the Jimmies organization," said GM Brandon Slouck via press conference. "He's already one of the best CF's in BBA history with a couple more years of prime with him. We haven't had a CF of this caliber in the organization's history and he'll fit nicely in the middle of an offense that really improved last year.

It also brings the hometown kid back where he belongs."

"Baltimore didn't have a team until I was 9," said the newly acquired CF. "They came to town right when I started getting into playing baseball and they were a fun team to cheer for in my teens. I always wanted a chance to come back and play in this beautiful park for the home team. It was surreal to play here with Boise. I can't imagine the emotions I'll be feeling on Opening Day.

Boise was very good to me. The fans, ownership. I just owe them a lot. And I thank them for making something happen to get me back home."

The teams made something happen but it was at a price. In the trade, the Jimmies also acquired Mitch Freeman, a solid RP with a decent track record. The team has struggled to put together a good bullpen and this should help out.

The Jimmies did move a lot to make it happen. Amayas Moelling was moved for salary reasons but still is a decent pitcher in this league. He seemed to not work out for in Charm City for whatever reason and will have an opportunity to get his career back on track in Boise. Along with Moelling, the team sent over CF Israel Camacho, COF Cordell Vaughn, 2B Ben Copeland, and SP John Mellott. $5,000,000 was also sent by Charm City.

Camacho has been starting in CF for the Jimmies the last 2 years with mixed results. He shows signs of plus power and plus speed along with plus defense in CF. The tools are loud. He just hasn't managed to put them together to take the next step as a upper level CF. Vaughn should be a solid defender in LF or RF. He also displays big time power along with a very good eye. He was very good at AAA last year and at 24 year old, should have an inside track at starting this year for the Spuds. Copeland is a few years away but looks to be a bat first 2B through his mid 20's. The last player moved was Mellott, who has some potential as a mid rotation SP. He's just lagging behind a little with development. The Jimmies like him a lot but he had falling behind some guys who are moving quicker.

The Jimmies really struggled at times last year and fell off. The offense improved on it's power numbers and move into one of the better ones in the Johnson League. Even with the potential loss of IF Pepe Espinosa, the power numbers should be improved on and the overall talent should improve. Adding a star to the lineup should raise the level of the other stars and Freeman should help give the bullpen some depth along with some young arms ready to make the next step.

Expectations are high for the Jimmies after this move. The GM's seat may be as hot as ever.
Brandon Slouck
Rocky Mountain Oysters (2058 - present)
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Charm City Jimmies (2029 - 2049)
Paris Patriots (2028)

7teen
BBA GM

Re: Warehouse Wire 2049.01: Welcome Home

Post by 7teen » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:22 pm

This article made me look up when the Brooklyn Robins left Baltimore. Looks like the Monarchs left town after 2016, 3 years before Roman was born.

Nice trade. I balked at the last minute on Roman and fear I'm going to regret it!
Félix fills a massive hole
If only Kate had a dollar for every time she's said those words....
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50