Tensions Up and Down (Hoppy Endings, pre Sim 5) [PP:2058.08]

GM: Chuck Valenches

Moderator: Chuck V

neugey
Ex-GM

Tensions Up and Down (Hoppy Endings, pre Sim 5) [PP:2058.08]

Post by neugey » Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:36 pm

Edmonton is off to the worst start in a very long time with a 6-19 mark and are now in sole possession of the worst record in the BBA. It’s a long season, but a sluggish April of epic proportions has created a lot of stress in the clubhouse. It’s present at the top and all the way down for the scuffling Jackrabbits.

Owner Jim Leonard: “What do you mean I can’t fire this GM? It’s complete horses**t. Bauer ain’t doing crap for this team. I could find any old transient shooting up in a back alley and cover his drug costs and he’d do a better job of running this club. This league is insane. Whoever designed this system of every GM having a mandatory lifetime contract needs to get bent. It’s nepotism at its finest. But what do you expect when the commissioner is spending all day playing poker in Vegas and doing Lord knows what under the table? This league is going the way of the UMEBA, and you can print that! Oh and while you’re at it, deport my GM and send him back to London back to where he came from!”

GM Mike Bauer: “It’s been a sour start like I’ve never seen. I’m seriously wondering what the hell our team was doing during spring training. We look wholly unprepared, every single series. Playing so bad on the road that we might as well forfeit those games. It’s unacceptable. At least when we had a temperamental manager who nearly killed me, the team at least looked ready to play.”

Assistant GM Mark Roberson: “The struggles we are having, it must have something to do with that podcast Bauer did with the leadership of the Bikini organization. I think they put some kind of hex on us. Contaminated us with their nuclear waste from over 100 years ago. I don’t how they did it, but ever since that conversation took place things have gone very bad for us. It’s even possible someone in our organization is now a Krill plant. Maybe there is another team in the Frontier secretly funding the mole. I’ll try to get to the bottom of it.”

Manager Alonso Chavez: “I don’t appreciate being compared to my predecessor that longtime felon. I’m doing my best to put these guys in a position to be successful but the lack of class coming from the leadership is starting to take its toll. Just worry about ticket prices and concessions and all that BS and let me handle the guys.”

Bench Coach Norberto Ramirez: “I think the guys are getting bored. We need a spark. Maybe a little controversy or national attention will cause the team to perk up. Someone on this team needs to date a mega-hot pop star. Execute the Kelce/Swift strategy. It sure seemed to work when Malloch and his hottie WAG was still in town! Maybe the team needs envy or sexual arousal to give us something to aspire to.

Longtime 2B/3B Scott Bell: “I do feel personally responsible for this horrid start. It starts with me. I need to hit better and perform better in the field. The numbers I’m putting up are just not acceptable. And I miss the guys in the band, like every day. We really had something, and now Anna Kendrick doesn’t care about the Jackrabbits anymore. It breaks my heart.”

LF Antonio Roman: “Oof maybe I should’ve stayed in the GBC. Didn’t realize I was walking into such a mess. I hope we figure it out soon or I might spiral into a deep depression.”

Meanwhile, Edmonton’s AAA, AA and A teams are all flourishing, recording a combined 49-29 record thus far. It’s rumored that a few players are hoping they get sent down to the minors, despite the personal financial loss that would result. It’s a dark time for Jackrabbits baseball.

2051 London Monarchs (GBC)
2051-present Edmonton Jackrabbits (BBA)

Trebro
BBA GM

Re: Tensions Up and Down (Hoppy Endings, pre Sim 5) [PP:2058.08]

Post by Trebro » Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:17 am

This was me two of the past three years and maybe this year too if we start to sink again after a 1-5 sim. It's not a lot of fun, to be honest, but hopefully you can turn it around.
Rob McMonigal
Yellow Springs Nine Sep 2052 - ????

London Monarchs Aug 2052 - Sep 2052

JimSlade
BBA GM

Re: Tensions Up and Down (Hoppy Endings, pre Sim 5) [PP:2058.08]

Post by JimSlade » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:24 am

It's nice seeing some light at the end of the tunnel in the minors, no?
BBA GM, Rockville Pikemen
Former UMEBA GM, Mumbai Metro Stars
SDMB GM, Toronto Beavers

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Edmonton Jackrabbits”