Tensions boil between Edmonton and Phoenix GM’s (Hoppy Endings, pre Sim 10) [PP:2056.11]

GM: Chuck Valenches

Moderator: Chuck V

neugey
Ex-GM

Tensions boil between Edmonton and Phoenix GM’s (Hoppy Endings, pre Sim 10) [PP:2056.11]

Post by neugey » Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:45 pm

With all the losing and a league-worst record in the BBA, critics are starting to wonder if the stress is finally getting to Edmonton GM Mike Bauer. The decision-maker of the Jackrabbits has seemed on edge lately. On an Edmonton radio show Bauer, when asked about Phoenix and rival Frontier GM Sean Marko, some unexpected flak was sent straight toward the Talons GM.

"They’re tired of all that stuff," Bauer said on the show when asked how his team feels about Phoenix and their confident nature, often wearing sunglasses and caps during their interviews. "They (Jackrabbits players) really are tired of it. And I sat down with another reporter today, and I don’t care if they hear it in Phoenix. I told them, 'I took my hat off, and I took my (sun)glasses off.' And I said, 'When I talk to grown-ups, I take my hat and my (sun)glasses off.' That’s what Your Mom taught me."

News travelled fast in the BBA, and before long Marko was asked about the unexpected derision coming from Edmonton.

“I’m minding my own business watching some film, trying to get the roster ready, trying to get out here and be the best GM I can be and I look up and I read some bull junk that they (Edmonton) done said about us, once again,” Marko told his team at practice Thursday. “Why would you want to talk about us when we don’t talk about nobody? All we do is go out here, work our butts off and do our job every day. But when they give us ammunition … they done mess around and made it what? Personal! It was just gonna be a good series,” Marko continued. “They done messed around and made it – personal!” In a later remark on that same day, Marko even referenced Bauer comment about what his mother taught him, saying, “Now he’s messin’ with Our Mom!”

When Bauer was asked if regretted stirring up the pot in Phoenix and fueling the rivalry between the two clubs, Bauer replied, "They’re not gonna like us, no matter what we say or do. It doesn’t matter. OK, so let’s go up there and play. That’s just how I feel about it. I don’t mean to take over the show. I’m just tired of it. I mean, I’m tired of all that stuff. And I know everybody else is too. So let’s go play."

(PICTURED BELOW - Phoenix GM Marko in his customary hood/cap and sunglasses)
deion_talons.png

2051 London Monarchs (GBC)
2051-present Edmonton Jackrabbits (BBA)

Trebro
BBA GM

Re: Tensions boil between Edmonton and Phoenix GM’s (Hoppy Endings, pre Sim 10) [PP:2056.11]

Post by Trebro » Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:00 am

Oh this could get interesting fast ..
Rob McMonigal
Yellow Springs Nine Sep 2052 - ????

London Monarchs Aug 2052 - Sep 2052

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: Tensions boil between Edmonton and Phoenix GM’s (Hoppy Endings, pre Sim 10) [PP:2056.11]

Post by RonCo » Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:40 am

Tunes into TalonTalk.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

jiminyhopkins
BBA GM

Post by jiminyhopkins » Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:48 am

Sorry just logged in after a few days.

Anything been going on lately?
GM, 2051, 2053, and 2058 JL WILDCARD Phoenix Talons (2029-??), BBA
CARETAKER GM, 2053 GBC CHAMPION Tokyo Pearls (2053 - 2058)
GM, THE GREATEST MINOR LEAGUE TEAM OF ALL TIME Toledo Liberty
Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner: 2051, 2054, 2057

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Post by Dington » Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:03 am

jiminyhopkins wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:48 am
Sorry just logged in after a few days.

Anything been going on lately?
Looks like you’ve been out in the sun awhile.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Edmonton Jackrabbits”