The Truth About Romero (Hoppy Endings, pre-FA Sim 2) [PP:2055.01]

GM: Mike Neugebauer

Moderator: neugey

neugey
BBA GM

The Truth About Romero (Hoppy Endings, pre-FA Sim 2) [PP:2055.01]

Post by neugey » Wed May 17, 2023 6:52 pm

When AAA corner infielder Leonardo Romero picked up his phone, he was surprised to hear from Edmonton GM Mike Bauer.

“Can you come into the office and visit soon, Leonardo? There is a private matter we’d like to discuss with you in person,” said Bauer over the phone.

“Sure boss. I’ll be in tomorrow morning,” said Romero nervously. The slugger’s heart started to race as he wondered what this could possibly be about. He had a little too much fun on some of his minor league road trips, but nothing that bad. Did some gossip around the minors get out of hand? He had just been extended and promoted to AAA. Wasn’t his job safe?

“Hey Leonardo, sit down,” said Bauer the next morning. “Don’t worry, you did nothing wrong. This is just a matter we must handle confidentially.”

Romero asked nervously, “Is this something someone said about me?”

“No not at all,” said Bauer. “But it concerns this.” Bauer then opened a folder and pulled out a document. “This is a copy of the birth certificate you gave to us. One of my assistants happened to discover it’s a fake.”

Romero’s face filled with shock. But that gave way to contemplation and then he spoke. “It’s probably my parent’s fault. I have 17 brothers and sisters. My mom always joked she found a way to get us out of the house sooner so she could finally get some peace. She was the type you could never tell if she was serious or not. I think we can see what happened. Do you want me to talk to her?”

“It’s no problem, Leonardo,” replied Bauer. “The BBA will handle it. This doesn’t affect your standing with our organization. But according to BBA rules, we’ll have to locate your real birth certificate and reconcile any age discrepancy. But don’t worry son. This has happened in our league before. The league will investigate and produce your true birth certificate, at no cost to you. We just wanted to let you know first, because once the investigation begins it’s hard to keep the situation confidential.”

Romero took a deep sigh, then stated, “I understand sir. Sorry for any trouble my family has caused.”

“You’re good, Leonardo,” assured Bauer. “When the investigation concludes, you will be the first to know. Just keep working at it in the batting cage, we’d like to see that batting average pick up.”

“Yes sir!”

2051 London Monarchs (GBC)
2051-present Edmonton Jackrabbits (BBA)

RT60
BBA GM

Re: The Truth About Romero (Hoppy Endings, pre-FA Sim 2) [PP:2055.01]

Post by RT60 » Wed May 17, 2023 6:57 pm

He sits upon a throne of lies!

neugey
BBA GM

Re: The Truth About Romero (Hoppy Endings, pre-FA Sim 2) [PP:2055.01]

Post by neugey » Wed May 17, 2023 6:59 pm