Jackrabbits Prepare for Oysters Series (Hoppy Endings, pre-Geoghegan sim) [PP:2054.35]

GM: Chuck Valenches

Moderator: Chuck V

neugey
Ex-GM

Jackrabbits Prepare for Oysters Series (Hoppy Endings, pre-Geoghegan sim) [PP:2054.35]

Post by neugey » Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:57 pm

Edmonton has been busy preparing for a much-anticipated series against the 95-win Rocky Mountain Oysters. The Jackrabbits come in as big underdogs, and as if Rocky Mountain's Johnson-leading offense wasn't a big enough concern, another worry has come up.

Edmonton's top hitter of the season, DH Gonzalo Martinez, will be battling flu symptoms. When asked about Martinez' availability for the series, GM Mike Bauer said "It'll be a game-time decision to see if Gonzo is feeling well enough."

When reporters pressed Bauer for a rough percentage likelihood on Gonzalo's availability, the GM became heated.

"Look, my file export is my own damn business. Don't nobody need to know," exclaimed Bauer.

This unusual answer drew confused looks from reporters, which prompted Bauer to say, "Hey we've only got a few minutes here. Ask me another question." And the topic quickly changed.

"Who will be the game 1 starter?", asked a reporter.

Bauer replied, "The Wolf, for sure. What he's done when healthy has been extraordinary. We're hoping he puts us in a good position to win the series. The Oysters are an incredible team, but it's just 3 games we need to win. We'll scrap and fight and attempt to find a way."

2051 London Monarchs (GBC)
2051-present Edmonton Jackrabbits (BBA)

GoldenOne
Ex-GM

Re: Jackrabbits Prepare for Oysters Series (Hoppy Endings, pre-Geoghegan sim) [PP:2054.35]

Post by GoldenOne » Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:17 pm

Let's bring it on!
Brett "The Brain" Golden
GM: Nashville Goats 2034-2039 (The Plan® was working when I left!)
GM: Charlotte Cougars 2040-2052
GM: Rocky Mountain Oysters 2053-2057
2056 BBA Champions!

"Tonight, we take over the world!"
-- The Brain

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Edmonton Jackrabbits”