Jackrabbits Clinch Playoffs Following Game #161 (Hoppy Endings, pre-sim 27) [PP:2054.34]

GM: Chuck Valenches

Moderator: Chuck V

neugey
Ex-GM

Jackrabbits Clinch Playoffs Following Game #161 (Hoppy Endings, pre-sim 27) [PP:2054.34]

Post by neugey » Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:58 pm

Edmonton knew they were in for a vital week of baseball to end the regular season. They were hoping some of the guys in their veteran core would perform well enough to secure a playoff berth, the team's first since 2047.

Instead, it was some of the youngsters that provided the heroics.

Rookie RF Matthew Woods, who had been given a long leash in 2054 despite a low batting average, came through in a big way. During the final week in which Edmonton won 4 out of 7 games, he went 11 for 20 with 3 homers and 8 RBI.

“His left-handed power is a big part of our team going forward,” explained GM Mike Bauer. “It was fantastic to see him come through like this. I think right-handed pitchers are going to have to be careful with him for years to come.”

Another hero was 24-year SP Antonio Cruz. Cruz gave up only one run and recorded the win in the 161st game that officially clinched a playoff spot. But on a sad note, Cruz tore ligaments in his elbow in the 6th inning and had to be replaced on the mound.

“I want to get this surgery as soon as possible,” said Cruz. “I want to be back as soon as I can to cheer on my dudes in person. These chances don’t come around often.”

In all probability, the Jackrabbits will face the top Johnson wildcard Rocky Mountain in the Geoghegan round, though the official schedule is not available yet. Despite a 6-11 regular season record vs the Oysters in 2054, Edmonton remains optimistic.

“It’s only a 5-game series,” expressed SP Ronnie Sprinkles. “Maybe we catch them at the right time. They’re a great team, but I think we can make them feel the pressure. Looking forward to the games.”

2051 London Monarchs (GBC)
2051-present Edmonton Jackrabbits (BBA)

Return to “Edmonton Jackrabbits”