" ... Stays in Vegas" (Hoppy Endings, pre AS sim 15) [PP:2054.23]

GM: Chuck Valenches

Moderator: Chuck V

neugey
Ex-GM

" ... Stays in Vegas" (Hoppy Endings, pre AS sim 15) [PP:2054.23]

Post by neugey » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:28 am

While the BBA pauses games due to undisclosed reasons, many players around the league are enjoying their extended all-star break. Some perhaps, a little too much.

Jackrabbits owner Jim Leonard gave permission for the team to leave a day early and enjoy an off-day in Las Vegas before their second half of the Brewster season resumes with a 4-game road series versus the Hustlers. But now, with league play stopped indefinitely, that lone day off has extended into at least a few more days. Leonard worries about the temptations in Sin City that may befall his players during their unexpected team vacation.

"My friends tell me not to worry," lamented Leonard. "That what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. But that quote become famous before Instagram was invented, and things can go off the rails fast. I mean, ask the Saints about Alvin Kamara and Vegas."

"Instead of playing baseball and worrying about fighting for a wildcard spot, my guys are consumed with slots and sluts and God-knows-what. League management tells me the team has to remain in Vegas, as games could be resume within hours notice. But here I am in Edmonton, running out of chaperones that I can trust."

Assistant general manager Mark Roberson also stayed behind for the series, and has been plenty busy while GM Mike Bauer and the rest of the team are away in Vegas.

"My phone has been ringing non-stop," admitted Roberson. "Mostly calls from angry players' wives, wondering what their other halves are up to in Vegas, and jealous that they aren't a part of the fun. I worry about the effect this may have on the second half of the season. Eating and training schedules are off and salty wives are waiting back at home. The Las Vegas nightlife is undefeated."

"I've demanded answers about the delay, but have received none," continued Leonard. "Sometimes it feels like the league is in cahoots with Las Vegas and the BBA bends to their every whim. Conspiracy theories are starting to emerge, and I can see why."

None of the Edmonton players have sent home a postcard, so all that remains is speculation and unconfirmed photos.

2051 London Monarchs (GBC)
2051-present Edmonton Jackrabbits (BBA)

RT60
BBA GM

Re: " ... Stays in Vegas" (Hoppy Endings, pre AS sim 15) [PP:2054.23]

Post by RT60 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:54 pm

This post is top notch because it interweaves "slots and sluts" and "cahoots" while subtly extolling the benefits of having a hot tub.

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

Re: " ... Stays in Vegas" (Hoppy Endings, pre AS sim 15) [PP:2054.23]

Post by trmmilwwi » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:26 am

Well played sir, well played.
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Edmonton Jackrabbits”