The BUD List (Hoppy Endings, pre Sim 2) [PP:2054.10]

GM: Chuck Valenches

Moderator: Chuck V

neugey
Ex-GM

The BUD List (Hoppy Endings, pre Sim 2) [PP:2054.10]

Post by neugey » Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:20 am

UNDER DURESS

Alright BBA fans, this week with the Brewster season now just underway, let's take a look at Edmonton. There are three Jackrabbits who will have significant pressure this season and have earned my selection to my BUD (Broussard Under Duress) List:

Third on the list is 1B Dylan Malloch. Look, Dylan had an okay year in 2053 with a .260 average and 21 home runs. But he's now 28 and needs a breakthrough year, like at least 30 home runs, or he will be considered a replacement level first-baseman. This is the year Dylan will need to put it together to solidify his reputation in the BBA, or he will be in danger of being another one in the long line of over-hyped GBC guys who can't quite put up the numbers. Dylan, we know you have an amazing supermodel wife, but this year we want you to come into your own. She believes in you, and so do I. Go get 'em Dylan.

At number two, we have Manager Alonso Chavez. Now, Alonso is a solid new manager who had a lot of experience coming up with Des Moines. But now, he's made the Show as a manager for the first time. He isn't very highly regarded in player circles and my sources say he seems to rub a lot of guys the wrong way. But people are saying he is very strong with his staff and is a good guy. Maybe, he is one of those managers who makes guys work hard and has a tough exterior and he isn't there to make friends, he just wants the results. Kind of like a Belichick. Let's hope that's the case, because he's on a one-year contract, and his boss (general manager Mike) Bauer is a little spooked about trusting a manager, and rightly so after that scary incident in Edmonton a few years ago. Bauer and owner Jim Leonard have shown they're more loyal to the players than their staff, that's just how they do it. Look, if Edmonton doesn't finish above .500, I don't think Chavez will get an extension and will be interviewing somewhere else. But if Edmonton shocks the Frontier division and competes for a playoff spot, that will force Bauer's hand and he'll get the extension.

At number one on the BUD List, the Jackrabbit with the most pressure, it's gotta be starting pitcher Chris Moran. He's 32 and in the final year of his contract. Starting pitcher spots are starting to hard to come by in the BBA with a lot of young talent emerging. If he wants another solid contract and a guarantee to remain a starter in the BBA, he's going to have to dig deep and pitch like he did in his 20's with Nashville. If he can't do that, he's probably going to wind up in the GBC or with a majors/minors deal next season. Lots of pressure on you my man, but 'Wolf' you go get em.

2051 London Monarchs (GBC)
2051-present Edmonton Jackrabbits (BBA)

Return to “Edmonton Jackrabbits”