Eddie Bunny with special guest Anna Kendrick (Hoppy Endings, pre Opening Day sim) [PP:2054.09]

GM: Chuck Valenches

Moderator: Chuck V

neugey
Ex-GM

Eddie Bunny with special guest Anna Kendrick (Hoppy Endings, pre Opening Day sim) [PP:2054.09]

Post by neugey » Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:38 am

For Edmonton, spring 2054 doesn't just mark the arrival of a new Jackrabbits baseball season. It also signaled the start of an brand new tribute band: Eddie Bunny!

The new outfit, celebrating the music of Eddie Money, also played a few originals in their first ever concert before flying off to San Antonio for the season opener. A large group of fans gathered in the Alberta Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Field parking lot for a special concert with affordable beer, comprised of the following Jackrabbit player members:

OF Luke Gregson - vocals, keyboards
SP Jacob Cruz- lead guitar
RP Ronnie Sprinkles - saxophone, rhythm guitar, backing vocals
2B Scott Bell - bass
CF Dan Flores - drums and backing vocals

The arrival of Ronnie Sprinkles via Rule V and Jacob Cruz via trade allowed bandleader Gregson to finally get his special musical project off the ground. "I've been wanting to put this band together for a while, but couldn't find the right guitarist, in or outside of the clubhouse," stated Gregson. "Cruz's arrival really got us kick-started. And having Ronnie round out the band with the sax added another element to do Eddie's music justice."

The band's set began with the band's rousing warm-up instrumental, "UMEBA Hooker Blues". Then Dan's drum extended drum intro got the crowd ready for a rocking version of "Shakin'". Next was Eddie's first hit, "Baby Hold On", and then a magnetic performance of "Walk on Water" that got the whole crowd singing along with the band. Continuing the water theme, they launched into the guitar-driven "Gimme Some Water".

After that, Luke introduced the band members of the band with huge amounts of applause, then said, "I didn't plan on this, but tonight we've got this lovely brunette in a Jackrabbits tank top really enjoying this show here in the front. And now I can feel it happening ..."

"Gimme that guitar lick Jacob, because I `Think I'm In Love`!"

After that terrific cover of the Eddie Money classic, the band played their first original song of the night "Lost in Mexico City", a tale inspired by a road series versus the Aztecs where many of the Edmonton players indeed did get lost and the team nearly had to forfeit the game.

Next came a great recreation of "I Wanna Go Back" featuring terrific sax work by Sprinkles. And then, a unique acoustic performance of the inspirational "Peace in Our Time".

The set then continued with Eddie Bunny's second original song "The New Frontier", an outright corny song of optimism about the team and hopefulness for winning seasons to come to try to brown nose management for higher arbitration offers and contract extensions.

But no one could possibly prepare the crowd for what was about to happen next.

"The thing is, we haven't been able to play Eddie's most popular song yet. You see for this one, we are going to need some extra-special vocal help. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the stage, the lovely and brilliant Miss Anna Kendrick ... Anna ... `Take Me Home Tonight`"!

Luke and Anna traded vocals with Anna revving up the crowd. The song concluded with the audience - mainly the male patrons - loudly chanting "Anna! Anna! Anna!". With a wink and wave, Anna then left the stage.

"This is our last song, and I've gotta leave real soon for San Antonio. Because Anna and I have ..."

"`Two Tickets to Paradise`!!!"

After their finale, the band stayed for autographs and pictures with fans for well over an hour. "Some of these guys were already popular," explained GM Mike Bauer the next day. "But this inventive new band has increased the popularity of these players. Social media followers have gone way up, mainly here but also through the BBA. I think we have the only player-based band in our league. Pretty cool, right?"

2051 London Monarchs (GBC)
2051-present Edmonton Jackrabbits (BBA)

tylertoo
Ex-GM

Re: Eddie Bunny with special guest Anna Kendrick (Hoppy Endings, pre Opening Day sim) [PP:2054.09]

Post by tylertoo » Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:40 am

Shameless click bait putting Anna in the headline. But it worked.

UMEBA Hooker Blues :D
Mike Dunn
Chicago Black Sox (1995-1996) (2049-2054)
Landis Champion: '95, '96

Edmonton Jackrabbits (2047-2048)
Tripoli Piranhas (2044-2046)

RT60
BBA GM

Re: Eddie Bunny with special guest Anna Kendrick (Hoppy Endings, pre Opening Day sim) [PP:2054.09]

Post by RT60 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:45 am

Caleca nominee just due to Anna's picture alone, but the idea of a team band is awesome!

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Post by Dington » Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:00 am

Early Caleca favorite.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

shoeless.db
BBA GM

Post by shoeless.db » Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:34 am

Anna looks good for being in her 60s.
Sacramento Mad Popes
-- Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner 2052
-- BBA Champion 2053
— The Heartland Sucks
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047, 2048, 2049, 2051, 2053, 2054, 2058
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Post by Jwalk100 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:46 am

shoeless.db wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:34 am
Anna looks good for being in her 60s.
Right!!!!
ImageImageImageImageImage

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

Post by trmmilwwi » Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:20 am

I saw Eddie Money perform at the 1st and 2nd intermissions and then a closing song after the game at a Milwaukee Admirals game back in 94 or 95. This brings him full circle!
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

neugey
Ex-GM

Post by neugey » Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:23 am

trmmilwwi wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:20 am
I saw Eddie Money perform at the 1st and 2nd intermissions and then a closing song after the game at a Milwaukee Admirals game back in 94 or 95. This brings him full circle!
Rest in peace to the Money man! One of the more likeable solo artists for sure, came from humble origins.

2051 London Monarchs (GBC)
2051-present Edmonton Jackrabbits (BBA)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Edmonton Jackrabbits”