Fresh Fur, Part 2: J-Bart (Hoppy Endings, IFA sim) [PP:2054.03]

GM: Chuck Valenches

Moderator: Chuck V

neugey
Ex-GM

Fresh Fur, Part 2: J-Bart (Hoppy Endings, IFA sim) [PP:2054.03]

Post by neugey » Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:30 am

Similar to new teammate Ronnie Sprinkles, pitcher John Bartlett was also drafted by Edmonton during the Rule V. Bartlett spent the last two seasons pitching quite well at AAA for Twin Cities and that caught the attention of the Jackrabbits who decided to take a chance on the veteran hurler.

Throughout his career, Bartlett has been a grinder. In 2038, he was drafted near the end of the 8th round by the Sacramento Mad Popes (known then as the California Crusaders). He reached the AAA level, but Sacramento needed to include Bartlett in a trade with Jacksonville. He pitched reasonably well out of the major league bullpen through 2048 with the Hurricanes. In 2049 he signed with Rocky Mountain (then El Paso) and then things went downhill. He struggled with his control and his ERA blew up to 5.17. He had to bounce around in the GBC for a few years, recording time with Buenos Aires (then Tripoli) and then Jerusalem. He did enough to earn a minor league contract with Twin Cities, where he has rebounded nicely with the AAA Duluth Freeze.

His underdog story and scrappy nature have made him a cult hero among BBA fans who often call him "J-Bart". Edmonton's faithful are excited to have him in the Johnson Frontier pitching for them, and the feeling is mutual.

"It's exciting to be back in the Brewster game again," exclaimed Bartlett. "I can't thank Edmonton enough for giving me this opportunity. I'll give it my all and do whatever pitching coach (Peter) Roberts asks me to do. I'll be among other veterans who are trying to rebound in their careers. It's an exciting group. I hope we can compete for a wildcard."

2051 London Monarchs (GBC)
2051-present Edmonton Jackrabbits (BBA)

Return to “Edmonton Jackrabbits”