Fresh Fur, Part 1: Sprinkles (Hoppy Endings, IFA sim) [PP:2054.02]

GM: Chuck Valenches

Moderator: Chuck V

neugey
Ex-GM

Fresh Fur, Part 1: Sprinkles (Hoppy Endings, IFA sim) [PP:2054.02]

Post by neugey » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:33 am

It's been a very slow and uneventful offseason as Edmonton looks to return most of their core from 2053 and a few pieces here and there. But the Jackrabbits opted to draft SP/RP Ronnie Sprinkles during Rule V circa Portland. The Jackrabbits brass evaluated Sprinkles, and according to GM Mike Bauer there were some key advantages to acquiring the 32 year old.

"We're looking to pinch pennies this offseason and ensure we record a solid profit. As a Rule V selection, Sprinkles easily fits into our budget. As an organization, we don't believe in drafting young Rule V players who will be over-matched in their first big league exposure. Instead we look for guys who have proven BBA experience who can play a role. Ronnie's thrown over 500 innings in the pros, all with Hawaii. In that time, he recorded a 3.58 FIP. He has the flexibility to start or come out of the bullpen. He's also a fan favorite in the BBA, which is important as we look to bolster our attendance."

Sprinkles himself has his own goals in mind for 2054.

"I want to compete for a spot in the rotation," stated Sprinkles. "I think I have what it takes to start in this league, and Edmonton's has a pitcher's park which I think I can take advantage of. But I'll help wherever the team needs me. I want to play a part in helping the Jackrabbits take that next step - or hop."

2051 London Monarchs (GBC)
2051-present Edmonton Jackrabbits (BBA)

Return to “Edmonton Jackrabbits”