300 Baby (Hoppy Endings, 2053 Sim 25) [PP:2053.14]

GM: Mike Neugebauer

Moderator: neugey

neugey
BBA GM

300 Baby (Hoppy Endings, 2053 Sim 25) [PP:2053.14]

Post by neugey » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:54 am

On the Monday evening of September 15th, Edmonton fans were able to cheer vociferously despite a 10-4 loss to Calgary. In the first inning with two outs and the bases, veteran 3B Manny "Baby Driver" Collazo hit a homer to left field, the 300th of his career. Images on Leonidas and the number 300 flashed across the jumbo display board as Collazo slowly rounded the bases and accepted a rousing ovation. And just as the fans returned to their seats, 1B Dylan Malloch followed up Collazo with a deep homer to left-center. The 2-0 lead was not meant to last though, as Calgary rallied for 7 runs in the top of 8th and dug a hole too deep for the Jackrabbits to climb out of.

For his career, Collazo hit his first 269 homers with Mexico City. The deep shot for Collazo in this game marked his 31st over two seasons with the Jackrabbits. So how will the switch hitter celebrate?

"Tomorrow is a day off, so I'll relax and sleep in," remarked Collazo. "Tomorrow afternoon will be all about hot rodding. I told Dylan he's coming with me whether he likes it or not. Gotta hit 300 kph to celebrate. Then it will be a night on the town with the guys. Feels really good."

2051 London Monarchs (GBC)
2051-present Edmonton Jackrabbits (BBA)

Return to “Edmonton Jackrabbits”