Scooter Mania (Hoppy Endings, 2053 Sim 13) [PP:2053.08]

GM: Mike Neugebauer

Moderator: neugey

neugey
BBA GM

Scooter Mania (Hoppy Endings, 2053 Sim 13) [PP:2053.08]

Post by neugey » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:33 am

On the fine Saturday evening for May 17, 2053, the Jackrabbits not only celebrated a 4-1 win over the visiting Phoenix Talons, but also paid tribute to arguably their greatest former player, 3B Steven "Scooter" Collins III. Scooter still remains one of the BBA's most preeminent stars, and will certainly garner a slew of all-star votes. If he reaches the All-Star game, it will be his first since 2044. Through the end of June, he is hitting at a .346/.395/.526 clip and is by most accounts single-handedly keeping the Talons near the .500 mark in the Johnson Frontier division.

Looking back on the May 17, it was a fine tribute to the Jackrabbits all-time hits leader. Edmonton chose to honor Scooter with his Golden Carrot and induct him into the Grand Wilderness amid great fanfare with a special "Scooter Mania" night on the Talons first visit to Edmonton in 2053. Fans who rode scooters to the game received their admission at half-price and received their very own Scooter bobble-head. Collins himself made a memorable entrance, riding a scooter around the outfield and waving at fans before taking the microphone at home plate.

"Hi everyone, it's great to be back here," proclaimed Collins. "Edmonton was always a special place for me and my family. I want to thank all of you, and will never forget the wins and championships here in this city. I wish you all nothing but the best."

Jim Leonard then spoke to the sellout crowd. "Scooter is the gold standard for hitting here in Edmonton. He also played incredibly at third base. His 2041 campaign, which led to our second championship, still looms large and is heralded as the best season ever by a Jackrabbits hitter. In 2041, Scooter hit .345 with 30 homers, 156 RBI's and 58 steals. He has created such a high standard of success, and we are grateful for the several seasons Scooter spent with us. It seems very likely that one day he could reach the BBA Hall of Fame and if so, we'd love to see him inducted as a Jackrabbit."

On this iconic night, Collins went 2 for 4 with one double. But solo homers by Damek Korbel and Kane Gregson among other contributions allowed Edmonton to prevail over their former hero.

2051 London Monarchs (GBC)
2051-present Edmonton Jackrabbits (BBA)

Return to “Edmonton Jackrabbits”