Santa's Summer Suprise (Hoppy Endings, 2053 Sim 11) [PP:2053.07]

GM: Mike Neugebauer

Moderator: neugey

neugey
BBA GM

Santa's Summer Suprise (Hoppy Endings, 2053 Sim 11) [PP:2053.07]

Post by neugey » Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:22 am

Jackrabbits players seem to agree that GM Mike Bauer is one of the coolest and kindest in all of the BBA. But some are starting to wonder if their boss is all there.

"I see the Christmas decorations in the yard, and I hear he and his wife hosted a holiday party for some of her friends a few days ago. But today is June 16. He's such a great guy, but I worry sometimes that his mind isn't right after the attack and hospitalization last year," stated an anonymous Edmonton staffer.

The unusual Christmas spirit continued in earnest this morning. Starter Gary Owens was surprised to find a huge assortment of wrapped Christmas presents on his front porch this morning.

"A new home stereo system, several men's fragrances, a Rolex watch, and that's just to new a few," exclaimed Owens. "This is very awesome, though it does feel a little weird unwrapping presents in the middle of June when my birthday isn't until November."

BBA expert Lem Piker Sr. offered a little insight into Bauer's generosity toward Owens. "Owens has been a revelation this year, posting a 3.90 ERA, 5 wins and 7 quality starts in 2053 so far. He's 24 years old and entering his prime. It makes sense that Bauer feels particularly thankful for Owens, because in a league loaded with excellent young pitching, the Jackrabbits have needed a young starter of their own to come through for some time, and Owens is killing it."

Bauer himself declined comment, stating he would be busy with his family today. According to sources, he is decorating Christmas cookies for the whole team. An odd summer treat to be sure.

2051 London Monarchs (GBC)
2051-present Edmonton Jackrabbits (BBA)

chicoruiz
BBA GM

Re: Santa's Summer Suprise (Hoppy Endings, 2053 Sim 11) [PP:2053.07]

Post by chicoruiz » Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:07 am

Fun idea for a team post, sand very well done.
( “In baseball you don’t know nothin’...” Yogi Berra)

Trebro
BBA GM

Re: Santa's Summer Suprise (Hoppy Endings, 2053 Sim 11) [PP:2053.07]

Post by Trebro » Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:28 pm

Well played!
Rob McMonigal
Yellow Springs Nine Sep 2052 - ????

London Monarchs Aug 2052 - Sep 2052

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Edmonton Jackrabbits”