Fresh Fur, Part 2: Gonzalo! (Hoppy Endings, Pre Spring Training sim) [PP:2053.02]

GM: Mike Neugebauer

Moderator: neugey

neugey
BBA GM

Fresh Fur, Part 2: Gonzalo! (Hoppy Endings, Pre Spring Training sim) [PP:2053.02]

Post by neugey » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:16 am

As the Jackrabbits concluded their first week of spring training games, the team announced a big signing. Veteran DH Gonzalo Martinez was inked to a short-term deal (2 years, $25.2 million, with the second year a player option). The popular Martinez, known solely by his first name among virtually all BBA fans, joins Edmonton after hitting free agency following his second stint with Long Beach.

"I'm very happy to join Edmonton," remarked Martinez. "This team has a new strong veteran core, and I hope to supply the hitting to help them make more noise, maybe get in the wildcard mix in the Johnson league. I'll get used to these Johnson league pitchers, not scared of them. I've seen a lot of good pitching during my career."

Indeed, the veteran has only played briefly in the Johnson, in a brief stint with Charm City in 2046. He lands in a division with defending champion Mexico City, and perennial power Las Vegas, and will be counted on to help the Jackrabbits try to keep up with those talented teams.

"I had an epiphany as a general manager," admitted GM Mike Bauer. "In all my years thus far, I've always assembled a roster where we kept the DH spot open and shared it among the position players. But I've now decided against that, and we're relying on Gonzalo to be the full-time DH and the fixture in the middle of the lineup that will hopefully stabilize the lineup and give us consistency. A lot of other teams use the full-time DH model with success, so I feel confident in adopting it."

"In a casual meeting with other BBA general mangers lately, they asked me what my strategy was for this team. I didn't really have a good answer for them, because I didn't want to divulge our pursuit of Gonzalo. But now I can say that we feel that Gonzalo is a big piece of the puzzle, and we hope he will provide the everyday hitting to make us dangerous as an offense in the Johnson."

In other news, Edmonton still has a manager vacancy, which will hopefully be addressed soon. "After the incident last year, I've decided to take a closer reign on the team and will be dictating a lot of the lineups and strategies," said Bauer. "We are just looking for a good 'Normal' coach who will work well with the rest of the personnel and supplement my decisions with adequate in-game management, and won't create waves or attack me with a bat."

2051 London Monarchs (GBC)
2051-present Edmonton Jackrabbits (BBA)

jiminyhopkins
BBA GM

Re: Fresh Fur, Part 2: Gonzalo! (Hoppy Endings, Pre Spring Training sim) [PP:2053.02]

Post by jiminyhopkins » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:53 pm

Here's a comment. Every article should have comments.
GM, 2051 and 2053 JL 4TH WILDCARD Phoenix Talons (2029-??), BBA
CARETAKER GM, 2053 GBC CHAMPION Tokyo Pearls (2053 - 2056)
GM, THE GREATEST MINOR LEAGUE TEAM OF ALL TIME Toledo Liberty
Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner: 2051, 2054, 2057

Lane
GB: Vice Commissioner

Re: Fresh Fur, Part 2: Gonzalo! (Hoppy Endings, Pre Spring Training sim) [PP:2053.02]

Post by Lane » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:00 pm

Gonzaloooooooooo
Stephen Lane
Vice Commissioner / Historian
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

neugey
BBA GM

Post by neugey » Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:41 pm

Lane wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:00 pm
Gonzaloooooooooo
Going ... Going ... Gonzalo!

2051 London Monarchs (GBC)
2051-present Edmonton Jackrabbits (BBA)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Edmonton Jackrabbits”