Fresh Fur, Part 1: "Pizzaburger" Flores (Hoppy Endings, Pre Spring Training sim) [PP:2053.01]

GM: Mike Neugebauer

Moderator: neugey

neugey
BBA GM

Fresh Fur, Part 1: "Pizzaburger" Flores (Hoppy Endings, Pre Spring Training sim) [PP:2053.01]

Post by neugey » Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:35 am

When you have 32 teams with each having an extra $10 million in salary cap to spend, the competition for free agents in the BBA can be quite fierce. Sometimes it's the little things that will balance the scales in team's favor and cause a free agent to sign. In this case, it was the cuisine.

"I've heard other players rave about the concessions in Edmonton," said new Jackrabbits center fielder Dan Flores, who inked a 5-year $35 million contract with the team. "It's legit. Edmonton is known for their quality food and large menu. I sampled a few of the items, including the tasty polish sausage, but the one that amazed me was the pizzaburger. A great homemade taste, probably the best I've ever had! I started eating it, and by the time I was finished I was signing my new contract."

Assistant GM Nazih bin Amid patted Flores on the back and told him "Welcome aboard Pizzaburger!" and since that moment the team and their new center fielder have embraced the new moniker.

With reliable contact hitting and excellent range to patrol center field, Edmonton is hoping they have found a solution to bolster their outfield. Incumbent center fielder Jorge Rincon, who only hit .215/.284/.273 last year, is now expected to provide bench depth, pinch running and supplemental defense at all three outfield spots.

2051 London Monarchs (GBC)
2051-present Edmonton Jackrabbits (BBA)

Return to “Edmonton Jackrabbits”