The Boss Has Returned (Hoppy Endings, Sim 23) [PP:2052.21]

GM: Mike Neugebauer

Moderator: neugey

neugey
BBA GM

The Boss Has Returned (Hoppy Endings, Sim 23) [PP:2052.21]

Post by neugey » Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:26 pm

After a few months of grueling surgeries and physical therapy, GM Mike Bauer made his triumphant return to his Jackrabbits office and to the Alberta Gaming, Cannabis and Liquor field this last Sunday night, September 1, 2052. Bauer has been given a clean bill of health by his doctors and can now gladly resume all work and leisure duties of his choosing, following his brutal assault at the hands of former Jackrabbits manager Jose Sanchez.

"We are so glad to have Mr. Bauer back and see him act like his old self again," said Edmonton first base coach Robbie De Cock. "Medical technology is a wonder in the 2050's. He probably wouldn't be back to normal for months from now without it."

To celebrate the GM's return, the home crowd gave Bauer a standing ovation before the game, and the recovered GM threw out the ceremonial first pitch to catcher Alberto Rodriguez.

"Mr. Bauer doesn't have the best velocity, but his ball really dances in the zone. If the pitching staff ever got exhausted, he could probably put himself in the game for mop-up duty and get some outs for us. But that would probably be against BBA rules!"

After shaking hands with many fans in attendance, Bauer took roost in his usual seat in the sky box. The Jackrabbits, however, failed to capitalize on their boss' return, falling to the Jacksonville Hurricanes 11-5. After the game, reporters asked Bauer how he was feeling, both in general and about the team.

"I feel great," Bauer remarked. "It's so good to be back and enjoy my work guiding this team again. I'm very grateful for the work done by assistant GM Nazih bin Amid and the rest of the staff in my absence. It's been a fairly successful year. We did have a few tough stretches in August, but outside of that the team really has played some nice ball this year. The pitching has been better than expected. Our offense has also improved somewhat, and we now can win games on the road at a more adequate clip. We may still have a ways to go to compete in our division, but the seeds of an improved and more well-rounded team have been planted this year. It's roster expansion now and we have the ability to call up some players who could possibly make the final 27 next year. We won't make the playoffs, but there's still plenty of evaluation to be done."

Asked about his feelings on the prior assault, Bauer stated, "We are continuing to let the legal process play out. But there does seem to be a lot of evidence mounting that Sanchez' attack on me may not have been an isolated incident. Investigators are finding signs of further malice in Sanchez's past, particularly in his time with the Mumbai Metro Stars. Sanchez will be behind bars for a long time and I am absolutely sure he is a person I will never speak to ever again. If his attack upon me indeed leads to solving other crimes of his and giving answers to those families, then I am relieved that we will all get closer to the truth."

2051 London Monarchs (GBC)
2051-present Edmonton Jackrabbits (BBA)

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: The Boss Has Returned (Hoppy Endings, Sim 23) [PP:2052.21]

Post by Jwalk100 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:07 pm

SoftBrokenAsiaticgreaterfreshwaterclam-max-1mb.gif
SoftBrokenAsiaticgreaterfreshwaterclam-max-1mb.gif (632.65 KiB) Viewed 164 times
ImageImageImageImageImage

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Edmonton Jackrabbits”