The Dead Arm Wrestler (Hoppy Endings, Sim 17) [PP:2052.20]

GM: Chuck Valenches

Moderator: Chuck V

neugey
Ex-GM

The Dead Arm Wrestler (Hoppy Endings, Sim 17) [PP:2052.20]

Post by neugey » Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:46 pm

In a recent game versus the Las Vegas Hustlers, strong-armed RF Matt Garrison fielded a base hit and threw a ball to second base. He then immediately felt a painful sensation in his arm and waved immediately for Jackrabbits trainer Khaled bin Umair.

Umair spent a few minutes examining Garrison, but could not determine the cause of Garrison's arm trouble. Nonetheless, Garrison was in significant discomfort and was replaced in the game by teammate Keith Schultz.

After the game, x-rays and MRI tests continued to be performed. No structural damage was found, but there did appear to be some inexplicable inflammation in the right fielder's arm. Umair and his team ultimately diagnosed Garrison with "dead arm" and determined he would need at least a few weeks of rest and medication until he would be ready to resume baseball activities.

Acting general manager Nazih bin Amid was quite disgusted by the news. He was not happy with the answers he was getting from Umair and the training staff. "This is a bunch of nonsense. There's something Matt's not telling us. You need to keep looking until you find out what the hell is going on with that arm," said Amid sternly.

And indeed, Umair got the sense Garrison was not disclosing something. A few hours of research on the Internet and calls to a few sources led Umair to a startling discovery - apart from being the team leader in home runs, Garrison is an avid arm wrestler.

Umair and Amid then confronted Garrison and the outfielder came clean. "Arm wrestling is something I've loved doing since my high school days," confessed Garrison. "I didn't want the team to find out because I thought I'd have to give up this passion." Amid was uncertain what to do, but felt it necessary in this case to consult the recovering general manager Mike Bauer in the hospital regarding the Garrison situation. Bauer immediately demanded to speak to Garrison.

Garrison nervously dialed his boss Bauer and feared some serious wrath. But Bauer was surprisingly calm. "Look Matt, I know it's hard man. I'm trying to recover and I miss doing a lot of activities I normally like doing, like shooting pool. I can't wait to get back to normal. So you love arm wrestling. I'm sure it's fun. I guess I can relate."

"But as long as you're a Jackrabbit, you'll need to stop that s***. Last warning, Matt. You're lucky this wasn't worse."

2051 London Monarchs (GBC)
2051-present Edmonton Jackrabbits (BBA)

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: The Dead Arm Wrestler (Hoppy Endings, Sim 17) [PP:2052.20]

Post by Dington » Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:18 am

Ay yi yi. Garrison was my DH who filled in at RF one game. Tore his UCL and supposedly couldn’t bay the rest of the year smh.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Re: The Dead Arm Wrestler (Hoppy Endings, Sim 17) [PP:2052.20]

Post by CTBrewCrew » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:47 pm

Such a shame…what’s the first rule of flight club arm wrestling ?!?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Edmonton Jackrabbits”