Edmonton Makes a House Call (Hoppy Endings, Sim 2) [PP:2052.10]

GM: Mike Neugebauer

Moderator: neugey

neugey
BBA GM

Edmonton Makes a House Call (Hoppy Endings, Sim 2) [PP:2052.10]

Post by neugey » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:59 am

Edmonton management are happy to be bringing back one of their own back into the fold in SP James House. Drafted in the 17th round in 2046 by Edmonton, House posted solid numbers in the minors but was waived toward the end of the spring training in 2051 and Boise was able to secure him and send him to AAA last year. This week, Edmonton returned the favor by claiming House on waivers from Boise.

"We're eager to see if House will fill the final spot in our rotation," explained GM Mike Bauer. "We think he probably can. He has good stuff, 3 really good pitches and great control. His weakness is the longball and a lack of movement, but I'd rather have that than a starter who struggles to find the plate. He could also slot into the bullpen, but with his control we feel his best fit is as a starter."

"I'm happy to be back," said the 23-year old House. "Last year when I was waived it was a learning process for me. It stunk to be waived, but then I learned the BBA is a business as well as a sport and I tried to make the best of things in AAA last year. I think I did pretty well."

BBA talent expert Lem Piker Sr. likes the acquisition of House. "His work ethic is kind of spotty, but he should have the talent to help at the major league level. He may give up homers and have some bad outings, but his strikeout to walk ratio will continue to remain appealing to general managers. It will be interesting to see how things go."

"He's 6 foot 8 easy, and whenever we play pickup basketball he blocks a ton of shots," said reliever Don Castor. "I don't mind it when he's on my team."

2051 London Monarchs (GBC)
2051-present Edmonton Jackrabbits (BBA)

woods
Ex-GM

Re: Edmonton Makes a House Call (Hoppy Endings, Sim 2) [PP:2052.10]

Post by woods » Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:01 am

He'll be decent in your ballpark. I don't think he would've made it in mine.
Woody Donahue
BBA GM
Boise Spuds (2047-2054)
Cairo Pharaohs - UMEBA (2046)

Vic Caleca UMEBA TN of the Year 2046

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Edmonton Jackrabbits”