Fresh Fur, Part 5: Rule V Rabbit (Hoppy Endings, SP sim 2) [PP:2052.07]

GM: Chuck Valenches

Moderator: Chuck V

neugey
Ex-GM

Fresh Fur, Part 5: Rule V Rabbit (Hoppy Endings, SP sim 2) [PP:2052.07]

Post by neugey » Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:29 am

The Jackrabbits had a few specific targets prepared for Rule V and were able to land one of them with their first round pick, 2B Richard Drouin. Drouin is 32 years old and no stranger to the BBA. He's played in 1462 games with the BBA/GBC as a major leaguer, with a career .282 batting average and 14.7 WAR. Following the Rule V Draft, GM Mike Bauer was happy to talk more about Drouin.

"With the Rule V, you want to be careful about drafting a young hitter who's never seen BBA pitching before. You can't send them down to the minors if they are hitting poorly and clearly aren't ready. That's a situation that can complicate things. Thus we started looking for a veteran hitter and Drouin caught our attention. He's an infielder that can play all the positions adequately and as a lefty he has good splits and hits right-handed pitching quite well. We noticed he played very well in AAA last year with a .316/.389/.466 line and made the AAA All-Star team. We think he's got some offense left in the tank and can help at the major league level. He's extremely durable and knows how to avoid injury. And as a Rule V selection you can't beat the price - a league minimum contract."

Drouin was drafted by the Brooklyn Robins late in the second round back in 2038. He started receiving full-time major league play in 2040 and had a nice run with the Robins through 2045. In free agency, he caught the eye of GBC Jerusalem. After a solid two years overseas, he returned to the BBA and receiving major league playing time with El Paso and Vancouver. He then received minor league playing time with Phoenix and Portland Affiliates over the last two seasons.

"It's great to be back in the BBA and I'm thankful Edmonton selected me," remarked Drouin. "I can still hit and field in the majors. Coach said I should get a healthy number of starts at second base. Can't wait to get out there and prove I still belong."

2051 London Monarchs (GBC)
2051-present Edmonton Jackrabbits (BBA)

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Re: Fresh Fur, Part 5: Rule V Rabbit (Hoppy Endings, SP sim 2) [PP:2052.07]

Post by CTBrewCrew » Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:30 pm

…..uhhhh i said oldest cf taken from phx in rule 5 😜

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Edmonton Jackrabbits”