Deadman Talking 47.2: Reportin' from the Route 99 Diner

GM: Mike Neugebauer

Moderator: neugey

tylertoo
Ex-GM

Deadman Talking 47.2: Reportin' from the Route 99 Diner

Post by tylertoo » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:02 pm

Editor's Note: "Deadman Talking" features the unexpurgated views of former Jackrabbit Les Deadman. You'll hear from Les every couple of weeks in this space!

Edmonton - September 22, 2047: I was having breakfast the other day over at the Route 99 Diner, you know the place? Right near Nelli McClung Park. Damn, its good. Verna, the waitress, she makes the coffee hot and the buns sweet. I came here to write about them Edmonton Jackrabbits, but honestly I'd rather write about the Route 99 Diner.

Now, before you get your own buns in a snitch, I know the Route 99 Diner is on 99th Street, not on a route at all. I don't understand that, though I suppose the owner Cal Ipswitch figured Route 99 sounds more memorable than 99th Street Diner.

Honestly, I never leave reviews anywhere, but Route 99 is so good it deserves to be an exception! Every time I go, I leave more full than I ever thought possible due to their huge serving sizes and amazing tasting food - you just can't bear to leave even one bite. This is definitely a go-to place to hangout with friends (and you can take super cute photos thanks to their awesome decor too!).

I got their Hungry Man Special, three eggs over easy, bacon, sausage, Canadian bacon, toast and fries. I could have gotten home fries but I asked for french fries 'cause a bunch of folks in Montreal speak French, harharhar. Here's my meal:

Freakin' yummy.

The staff is pretty funny, the hashbrowns are to die for, and the milkshakes are out of this world! 10/10 recommend.

Anyway, about those Jackrabbits. I don't know what to say. They in, they out. They're buyers, they're sellers. I said last time that they were crazy to pass on doing anything at the trade deadline, but that's exactly what they did! Nothing!

"But Les," my friend Corey Troutman at the diner tells me, "Anything is possible."

"But Corey," I tell Corey. "Them 'rabbits are only five games above .500 and they can't get a good win streak started."

Here's the rub though: I said that on September 11, during a two-day break for the team, and what did they do after that? They proceeded to go 7-2 in the next nine games. Now they're 10 games above .500, and just two games out of the fourth and final wildcard spot, with nine games left to play.

WTF (Want The Fries) is going on with this team?

"Anything is possible," Corey keeps repeating. He's annoying, so I move down to the far end of the counter and ask Verna to freshen up my coffee.

But I gotta admit -- could they pull this out? I mean, it's true: anything is possible.
Mike Dunn
Chicago Black Sox (1995-1996) (2049-2054)
Landis Champion: '95, '96

Edmonton Jackrabbits (2047-2048)
Tripoli Piranhas (2044-2046)

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: Deadman Talking 47.2: Reportin' from the Route 99 Diner

Post by Dington » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:08 pm

I want those fries.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

scottsdale_joe
Ex-GM

Re: Deadman Talking 47.2: Reportin' from the Route 99 Diner

Post by scottsdale_joe » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:32 pm

Meet you there for breakfast
Joe - GM UMEBA CAIRO PHARAOHS (2047-xxxx); Vancouver Mounties (1996-2009; 2035-2036); Halifax Hawks (2023-2026)Image LINKS:ImageImageImageImageImage

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Edmonton Jackrabbits”