46.18 Koga's Tears: A Jackrabbits Story Pt. 7

GM: Mike Neugebauer

Moderator: neugey

crobillard
Ex-GM

46.18 Koga's Tears: A Jackrabbits Story Pt. 7

Post by crobillard » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:44 pm

These MREs are disgusting. I can't wait until we can get our own food ready and cooked. Mila said she could make some rice once it grows in. I wasn't too excited for rice every day yesterday, but two days in I can't wait for rice. I had this dry chili today. It was like powder. We added water and it did nothing. The powder was just floating in the little pouch. Not much we could do. We need calories so we tried to eat it quickly. At least the rice seems to be actually growing. I wasn't sure if it would work until Koga told me something about carbon dioxide and photosynthesis. It was too early, no coffee here so I couldn't even listen to what she was saying. If Robillard was here right now I'd ask him WHAT THE FUCK does this have to do with baseball?!?!

Koga doesn't seem like an empath at all, but I thought I heard her talking to Mila about a replacement for coffee this morning. I was probably complaining about it so much that Koga was trying to find a way that she could get me to shut up. Either way, if it ends in something coffee-like I'll be happy. My expectations are not too high. She seems to think we can use the wind for electricity too. She's been removing some metal pieces from ship parts that fell around us and you should see these diagrams she's been drawing up. It looks like she's planning a huge power grid. I'm beginning to think that without Koga here I would be in big trouble.

We found a dead cougar, a dead turkey and a dead velociraptor all in the same spot. What killed so many different animals? Velociraptors are so fast you would think it could get away. Whatever go it could definitely get us too. We started building some defenses. Solid walls to hide behind and barricades to shoot from. We have about three choke points to work from. We have plans to make some traps for some really large enemies though. I've been mostly just tasked with constructing things while Mila is cutting down trees and planting and Koga is drawing up plans and researching for a large project she's starting.

She wants me to build a windmill and some batteries. I thought she was insane. I have no idea how to build a windmill. She explained it to me, but it all sounded like gibberish. She handed me some parts just now. I don't really know what I am doing, but we'll see how it goes.

I ate real meat for the first time in days. It was from that turkey. Mila really is a good cook. No idea how she made it taste so good without spices. It was one of the best tasting things I ever had. I thought it might have been because I was missing meat so much, but when I thought about that I tried to think about it a little more. It had this really amazing flavor like it had stuffing in it like on Thanksgiving. It was then that I thought about my family and how much I wanted to get back to them. I started crying. I remember this one Thanksgiving when my mother told my father---

"We need to get the windmill done Gichuru. There's no time to waste." Koga exclaimed. "It is really important. It'll make all of our lives a lot easier. Let me know when you are ready and I will tell you what to do next."

Time to get back to work.

Return to “Edmonton Jackrabbits”