46.06 Koga's Tears: A Jackrabbits Story Pt. 6

GM: Mike Neugebauer

Moderator: neugey

crobillard
Ex-GM

46.06 Koga's Tears: A Jackrabbits Story Pt. 6

Post by crobillard » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:50 am

I don't know who these women are, but they clearly know more than I do about the RimWorlds. If Robillard didn't send them here, who did? They don't seem to know enough to suggest they're from another RimWorld. I want to ask, but I feel like it's a little insulting. Are you from Earth? What a weird question to ask someone. Of course they're from Earth. Maybe they've done this before though.

As we were finishing up the shelter we were walking around collecting more supplies and taking down trees when I saw what has been making such loud noises. It was the largest living thing I've ever seen. I was certain it was a brontosaurus, but Koga corrected me. "Brachiasaurus." It was so large that I was surprised we didn't see it from farther away.

"One of the tallest sauropods in the dinosaur age. Along with its elongated neck, it has longer front legs than it's hind. It's tail is probably just for balancing purposes. To pump blood through its massive body its likely to have a second heart. The most identify characteristic is its elongated skull though." Koga said taking a second to look at me. "It's an herbivore. It wont attack unless we threaten its life. Which if things go poorly enough we might need to do. That's a lot of food."

I just looked at her in amazement. Since we landed she really hadn't said too much. Mila is a bit more talkative, but that's probably the longest anyone has talked to me in months when you combine my time in the simulation. I was and still am impressed by her knowledge. I imagine that will be very useful here. Maybe we could come up with some contraptions that could help us survive here. Wait, is that what Robillard meant when he hired me? He said he was looking for someone with good crafting skills. I remember how weird that was.

-------------------------

We're going to interrupt Gichere's transcript here to let you know what happened with our conversation with Robillard from part 4 because he provides a little more context to Gichere's question.

When we got the call from Robillard our jaws dropped. We were shocked he actually responded. We didn't know what we should do. The story seemed too crazy to get authorities involved in. We just wanted to document everything, but honestly we still didn't know if we were getting bamboozled. This whole thing seemed so farfetched. Maybe the Jackrabbits were spinning this wild story just to keep us busy and not looking into something else. When Robillard reached out to us though reacting to what we knew about his scientist and Gichere sending us transcripts from the RimWorld he was on, we thought this might actually be real or at least we would get some confirmation.

When we arrived at Jackrabbits headquarters we introduced ourselves as Bower Pond Stories and told Cathy that Robillard was expecting us. Cathy immediately stood up and walked around her desk to greet us with a big smile and a handshake. Totally different Cathy than the one Nic described.

"Welcome to the Edmonton Jackrabbits Headquarters. Christopher told me to expect you. We would like to show you around first if you don't mind. It's quite a large building."

Cathy showed us the first floor, the reception desk that we were at, bathrooms, a gift shop, the beautiful fountains and waterfall Nic described and the elevators. There was a sign next to the elevator with a floor directory. I took a picture of it and I'm going to jot it all down here.

22nd - Office of the General Manager - Christopher Robillard
21st - Office of the Assistant General Manager - Gichuru Gichere
20th - Managerial Secretary - Press Secretary
19th - Public Relations - Human Resources - Administration
18th - Sports Rehabilitation Center
17th - Laboratory
16th - Legal
15th - Capital United, Ltd.
14th - Conference Rooms
13th - Scouting - Domestic Division
12th - Scouting - International Division
11th - Accounting
10th - Office of Owner Juan Rivera - Vacant
9th - Office of the Manager - Juan Carlos Gonzales
8th - Other Coaching Offices
7th - Minor League Operations - Ballpark Operations
6th - Team Trainer
5th - Health Offices
4th - Research and Development
3rd - Logistics - Facilities Management
2nd - Fan Services - Tours
1st - Lobby
G - Garage

As Cathy was showing us around we met people on every floor, but nothing particularly stood out. I remembered that probably the most interesting pieces were that the owner hadn't been in the office for quite some time (in retrospect, the owner change at the beginning of last season might have to do with Rivera's vacancy), we really didn't get a good understand as to what "Capital United, Ltd." does. Cathy introduced them as an interest group, but when we look them up they seem to be real estate investors. The laboratory was interesting we looked around to see anything that reminded us of space, but we didn't get a good look at everything. We did meet a scientist on that floor, but she was a rather young woman and I'm not sure she was the masked man Gichere described.

Finally we arrived at Robillard's office after about an hour long tour of the building. Robillard quickly got up and ran over to us to shake our hands.

"Welcome, welcome, welcome! Bower Pong Stories! I'm glad we could finally connect. Cathy said you came by while ago and I got some messages from our public relations team. I'm sorry we couldn't make anything work until now. I heard your message that you heard back from Gichuru. How is he doing up there?"

Robillard's casual demeanor left us feeling really uncomfortable and caught us off guard. We thought he would be scared or denying this situation ever existed. "Gichuru is in trouble. He seems to think he landed on the wrong RimWorld, he's with people he doesn't know and he doesn't think you're going back there to bring him back to Earth. Mr. Robillard, what is going on here?"

"We're not going back there. Gichuru needs to find his way back himself. He has extraordinary skills. I'm confident he will be okay. Maybe even a better employee once he returns."

"Okay, but this surely isn't legal. You can't just send your employees to space for a team building exercise."

"Hahaha, it's perfectly legal and I have documents to prove it. Do I seem like I am hiding anything? Why don't you have a seat, record everything we discuss and I promise I will tell you everything."

Return to “Edmonton Jackrabbits”