46.05 Koga's Tears: A Jackrabbits Story Pt. 5

GM: Mike Neugebauer

Moderator: neugey

crobillard
Ex-GM

46.05 Koga's Tears: A Jackrabbits Story Pt. 5

Post by crobillard » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:09 am

Before we loop you in on the conversation with Robillard, we need to share with you Gichere's most recent transmission.

-------------------------------

The women are insisting I should be the one with this gun. She has a gun too, but I think I have some kind of hunting rifle. I've never shot a gun in my life. I hate them. I used to advocate against any gun use and now here I am. Actually needing one to survive. There are some really strange animals here, but let me start from the beginning. After landing we collected ourselves and decided to take in the surroundings a little bit while collecting any useable resources that were currently falling out of the sky, presumably from our ship.

Once we collected the materials around us we got to work. Koga and I started building a small structure with a latrine, a primitive well and some beds for now. We also started a little growing area. We have enough food from the ship for now, but that's going to run out fast. This place is really warm, so crops should grow quickly.

Mila said when she was out chopping down trees for wood that there was a cougar out there, so we may need to hunt it down so it doesn't become a problem. Then, Mila told us that in the distance she could see something that looked like a small dinosaur. Koga's suddenly got very interested and made Mila describe the animal.

"It was covered in fur or maybe feathers. It was really cute. Small like a large turkey. Very colorful and it was so fast. It's bottom have was a lot thicker than it's top half and---"

"Velociraptor..." Koga said with dread in her voice. "This place has dinosaurs. We need a lot of security. Traps would be a good start and if there is any human life here we will need a lot more than just traps."

I couldn't handle it anymore. I've tried to keep quiet this entire time, but as this day wraps up it is bothering me more and more. "Did Robillard send you here, too?"

"Who is Robillard?" Koga said inquisitively.

Mila shook her head and cocked it to the side when she saw me crying.

"I think there was a mix up and I'm not sure if we'll be able to get back. He was supposed to send a ship after me at the end of this."

Koga laughed. "The end? There is no end to this, Gichere. We're stuck here."

"Don't be so cold, Koga. He clearly wasn't given much information to go off of. Gichere, no one leaves the RimWorlds, at least none that I am aware of."

-------------------------

After that initial conversation with Gichere we frequently got updates on his training. He really liked it. Robillard had a scientist that we presume is the person actually sending people to space. There was a few scary parts initially. The scientist wore a mask. He described it as one of those rubbery Halloween masks. He said it was a pig mask, but it didn't look frightening. Just really strange combined with a white lab coat. The scientist looked in pretty good shape and Gichere thought he might be pretty young.

The scientist would put Gichere in a large contraption that to use sounded very similar to a full flight simulator with hydraulics and an immersive 180 degree screen to encompass your eyes. Gichere said that it felt like a video game. If we could have contacted him back we would really want to ask him if what he was experiencing was similar to his experience in the simulator. One thing we know for certain, he never mentioned dinosaurs.

Return to “Edmonton Jackrabbits”